“First and Last Visit!”

McSorley's Resto & Lounge
Ranked #2,658 of 3,757 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We thought we would give this new restaurant a try at Chinook Mall in Calgary. We started with a drink. I ordered a mango margarita and my boyfriend ordered a draft beer. Simple enough. My margarita was so strong neither of us could taste the mango. All tequila. I sent it back for more mix, it came back in a bigger glass, still fairly strong, but drinkable. We ordered the steak bites and they were more like stewing beef bites or maybe even pork bites, but they sure didn't taste like tender steak bites. For our main course, my boyfriend ordered the sausage stuffed chicken and I ordered the tuna steak, medium well. When they finally arrived almost 45 minutes after we ordered them, my tuna was medium rare. I sent it back and it still came back medium rare. The manager came and took it back to the kitchen to have it cooked again, offering a discount. Meanwhile I sat there watching my boyfriend eating his chicken, which he said was ok and the saving grace was the sauce which he said there wasn't enough of. He finished his meal, my tuna still had not arrived and we were going to a movie so we decided he should go buy the tickets. Finally the tuna arrived in its now well done state and overcooked and dry. The manager offered a 25% discount which worked out to $6.25 on an almost $80 bill. To say I was less than satisfied would be an understatement, but I didn't not anything. She must have seen on my face that I was not pleased with the discount because she came back later and gave me a different bill with my dinner taken off the bill with the words saying they would like us to give them another chance. The only enjoyable part of our meal was the Asian potatoes. Very yummy.
Our server was very new and I giver her credit because she didn't know anything about the menu and they just threw her in there and she did her very best to keep us happy. Sadly the food was underwhelming.
Also, in 30+ degree weather the air conditioning was turned off because their patio doors were opened, so the patrons and especially the servers running back and forth inside were quite warm and a little bit suffering.

4  Thank Aurora6105

Reviewed June 14, 2012

Went here for dinner this evening. I wasn’t sure what to expect after reading poor reviews but I figured I’d try it for myself.

Somewhat confused with the atmosphere. We assumed it would be more of a lounge/pub but that was not the feeling we got when we stepped inside. It was fancy but small and had a crowded feel. Staff was not overly friendly, everyone seemed stressed and unhappy.

Cons: We waited over 45 minutes for our meals. I ordered the starter salad but it ended up coming with my main meal. The salad and pizza were ok, not the best but not the worst. My friends who ordered the chicken were completely dissatisfied, it was dry, the portion was small and the rice and vegetables had no flavor.

Pros: The manager refunded my friends and offered a free dessert which I felt was very good customer service. Our waiter was extremely busy and probably overworked but he never let our drinks run dry.

Overall, was not the best experience but I believe this place is new and may need some time to get it together.

3  Thank KPulse