“Whine”

Black Betty
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 6th Ave 1st Street
Transit: C-Train and most major bus routes within one block.
Description: It just opened this week.
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We went there for lunch, l ordered the lamb burger it came in a cheap bun, the lamb meat l thought had been over processed and was dense and heavy, my husbands meat burger was good, had a glass of white Canadian wine which was very good, l will go back and try it again choosing something else just not the lamb, value bit expensive for what it was.

1  Thank Jennifer M
There are newer reviews for Black Betty

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Service at this bar is horrible. My fiancé and I arrived to visit some friends just before 10pm. Not only were we never served but my fiancé who had a broken foot was asked to give her chair up as the place was being turned into a night club. After finally going to the bar to grab some wine the bartender was confused about my wine order. Even though the wines I was ordering were displayed prominently right behind her. I will not be returning to this establishment.

1  Thank pfmbrown
Reviewed March 20, 2013

A great little winebar that offers an extensive selection of reasonably priced wine, along with an interesting menu. Our waitress was very friendly and offered us great advice on both wine and food. We appreciated her honesty with which items she felt were great and which would disappoint. The main floor area wasn't extremely busy but it was quite loud; once most people left, it was a great, initmate place for a chat and some wine. I would like to return to try their intriguing take on grilled cheese. Spinach dip was alright, and the flatbread was quite tasty.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Went here for Big Taste recently, and while it was a little disorganized at first (our waitress did not know about the Big Taste set menu) everything else was great, the food, the atmosphere (sitting upstairs, where there was a live musician), the decor.

I will be coming back here again to sample more of the menu, for sure.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I recently ate at Black Betty for the first time. We had the basement booked for a work event and it is a great bar/restaurant after work. I had the pulled pork sandwich and it was one of the best I have ever had - highly recommended!

1  Thank John K