“Best Veggie Burger!!”

Black Betty
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 6th Ave 1st Street
Transit: C-Train and most major bus routes within one block.
Description: It just opened this week.
“Best Veggie Burger!!”
Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

Had a good time last night at Bettys. The food was amazing and the band was very good. They had one of the best Veggie burgers I have ever had. Not your typical mashed up patty...but, a mushroom cap stuffed with ricotta cheese and tons of other vegetables!! $5.00 wine on Wednesdays is a good deal!

1 Thank girlchisholm

“I liked It!”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Great atmosphere, great service, good value, and the food was very good!
My designer grilled cheese sandwich was very tasty, and so was my clients pulled pork sandwich. I love soups, and the tomato bisque did not dissappoint!!
I "will" go back again.

1 Thank Jeff B
Calgary, Canada
“Apparently it was OUR error to come at lunch expecting prompt lunch service!”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Just took my two american colleagues in town there for lunch today, and apparently that was a bad idea. We are constantly holding client lunch and learn sessions and like to check out propsective venues near Suncor and other majors in the area. I can emphatically state we will NOT be booking any functions at Black Betty based on both the poor service, as well as the poor handling by our waitress. We were seated promptly, and ordered promptly. Place was busy, and there is a whole downstairs of seating as well I didn't check out. However, during downtown lunch rush, we waited more than 45 minutes to receive our meal (1 burger, 2 sandwiches). When we started to get antsy waiting, we were told twice by our server Lauren that it was just going to be "ten minutes" max, twice. Quite literally we were poised to leave- restaurant had cleared out and it was after 1 when our food finally arrived. Our waitress then made an equally brilliant comment (I realize they aren't hired for brain power)"You guys came in right when our kitchen was busy cranking out lunches downstairs." Yes. Imagine, coming in at lunch and expecting to be served. The audacity!
She first removed 15% and then my colleague asked for a further gesture and an appropriate amount was removed from our bill, but anywhere else it would have been comped entirely. It appears to be staffed by 20-something, "I-take-no-responsibility-
Im-only-here-cause-im cute" types who won't last long in a service-driven city like Calgary. In any case- my sandwich and their burger was nothing to write home about, and based on the waitresses' sullen approach rather than proactive, we won't return. You're better off around the corner at Parkerhouse, or Salt Lik for a burger.

3 Thank Christyatsea
Edmonton, Canada
“Black Betty A+”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Great food and GORGEOUS friendly staff. Great concept, food was amazing! Definitely a favorites for when I am in town for business.

• Visited April 2012
Canada
“good veggie burger”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

They have a great selection of wines which we got to enjoy for only $5 during their special on Wednesday. They have a limited vegetarian menu but the veggie burger was certainly a great highlight. It is a great place to start your night specially if you are starting with an event at "The Grand" which happens to be next door.

1 Thank yxy