“No good!”
Review of Coffee & N'Scream - CLOSED

Coffee & N'Scream
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I found out recently that this place has new owners and it certainly showed today. I was disappointed to find out that I couldn't feed my baby her food as it had to be store bought jarred food - which we are trying to avoid. Also, they have a long list of rules. The owner apparently doesn't care about his investment, other than the money he is making, as was evidenced by him walking in, taking the money from the till and walking back out again without talking to his staff. The staff were not very happy and complained loud enough for all to hear about how unhappy they were and that they were the only ones to care about the store. That being said the food was made fresh (other than the canned soup) and the coffee was fresh. The staff tried to be accommodating and they were somewhat friendly. The play area needed some definite cleaning, especially the baby toys. Lots of unsupervised children - a dad sitting in the cafe side and not watching as his son terrorized other children (almost kicked my baby in the tummy, pushed her over, etc.). I used to go here when my oldest was little, but I think this may be our last time. Sorry to see this place decline.

2  Thank katz_75

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We've been going to Coffee & Scream since January 2005...and the rules have changed quite a bit over the years...all for the safety of the patrons of course...but we kind of feel like we've been with them almost since the beginning :).

Sonja and Perry (the owners) are just lovely and 2 of the nicest people you will ever meet. We've been to the Coffee & Scream Halloween parties during the earlier years, my son has had his birthday party there and many a coffee/playdates have been enjoyed in his place. Sonja & Perry have always been pleasant to deal with.

The food is scrumptious and the ice cream super yummy. Now adays and since my lil girl is no longer allowed on the apparatus (to old) we tend to stop in more so for the treats, coffees or super delicious and large ice creams.....although my boy is still enjoying dropping in for some screaming once in awhile ;)

The only gripe I've ever had is not with the place directly but with the parents who think this is a place to drop your kids, have coffee with a friend and forget about your kids while they run amuck despite the rules to supervise your kids at all times while there. Unfortunately this doesn't just happen here...it happens at other place as well. Thankfully coffee & scream enforces the rules quite well.

Great place, great food, great service.

1  Thank Robswife2004
Reviewed August 9, 2012

It’s hard to find good places to take kids along but this place is great. You can sit and have coffee with a friend and your kids are sure to have a good time in the play area. They even have kids’ snacks and lunches for adults and kids too. It’s very clean and the staff is amazing. A must if you have small children.

1  Thank Tammy S
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Coffee N' scream is a combination of a play location for children 6 and under and a coffee shop.

On the coffee shop side you have any type of cafe you can think of along with dantie's, muffin's, and ice cream.

We went here with our little girl to let her play during a rainy day. The play centre has a secure door and cost $7 for her to play. They have a number of small tables in the area for adults to sit with their coffee's while the kids play.

The play centre has 7 play structures along with a number of mats, cars, and balls (Etc) for the kids to play with.

Our little girl survived for a few hours and enjoyed her time there.
We had two Americano's but make sure you get a double shot if you like "strong coffee".

Great little place to go to with your little kids.

1  Thank Brett P