“Surprisingly Delicious” 5 of 5 bubbles

Fergus & Bix - Marda Loop
Ranked #824 of 3,490 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian, International, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Calgary
“Surprisingly Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I discovered Fergus & Box last summer and have had the pleasure of eating here several times since. Every time has been a pleasure. Great service. Friendly atmosphere. Diverse menu that tastes great. My personal favorites have been the spring rolls (different than you'd expect and incredibly tasty) and the beer board which is essentially a chartrueterie plate...but has about twice as much on it as you'd expect. Definitely give this place two thumbs up.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank kallabel

Calgary, Canada
“Fabulous Ribs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I took my friend to this restaurant for his birthday. We both took one look at the menu, which pictured ribs, and decided we had to have them. However, I found them pricey at $28 and there were no choices of potatoes beyond fries. The ribs were amazing. The best I have had in a long time.

Other let downs included no glass with his beer, and I had to ask for sugar or honey for my tea. The staff was friendly and prompt with things we asked for.

The underground parking with an elevator directly into the restaurant was a nice touch in a neighbourhood where it is hard to fine a parking spot.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Calgary, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredible food and beer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

If you're looking for great food, beer, AND service, this is definitely the place to go. I had the beef dip (which is served on a delicious pretzel bun), with a garden salad and a warm potato salad, and traded half of my beef dip for half of a friends pulled pork, and wow, both were incredible.

We arrived just before the lunch rush and even though the place got pretty busy, the service wasn't impacted at all, the food was still timely, and our server made sure that we always had beer and our waters were topped up.

• Visited March 2013
Waterton Lakes National Park, Canada
“Huge Nachos!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I met some friends here for a drink the other night and found Fergus & Bix to be quite enjoyable. It is easy to find, has decent curb appeal (even in the cold, dead of winter), and offers parking (underground parkade for vehicles less than 6'6" - mine is taller than that...) and more parking around the backside of the building.

The pub atmosphere was fun, but a little noisy, due to the close proximity of tables (not that you'll notice after a couple drinks). Service was friendly, enthusiastic and relatively quick.

The menu was a little pricey at times, but they offer a wide variety of beers to choose from, a few different house wines, and plenty of appetizers. The Food itself was very good. Of note is the huge, full-order of nachos! This massive, basket of nachos can turn into a complete meal for at least three people! My girlfriend and I shared the nachos and once we added beef and guacamole to the order, it turned into an insurmountable heap of delicious, cheesy, topping-filled nachos that are far better than most pubs!

• Visited January 2013
Calgary, AB
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Fergus & Bix is our "go to" when my wife and I want a quick easy dinner close to home. It has gotten busier and noisier than when it first opened but the food is always good and I enjoy their feature beer selection. We've stopped by for breakfasts, brunches, lunches, dinners and late night eats and rarely had a complaint.

• Visited January 2013