The Pointe Inn
$191
$133
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown(Calgary)(Great Value!)
$200
  • Breakfast included
$73
Hampton.com
$52
Lakeview Signature Inn - Calgary Airport(Calgary)(Great Value!)
$87
$82
Travelocity
$83
$81
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My friend and I booked this hotel due to the upgrades to the hotel and it was still a reasonable price. The website refers to the renovated rooms as non smoking and the non renovated rooms as the smoking rooms. We called the hotel to confirm that all non smoking rooms had been upgraded and if not that we would like to request a renovated room. We were assured that we did not need to request a reno room because all non smoking was renovated. That was the only reason we booked the hotel because the non smoking rooms looked disgusting.
Well whomever we talked to on the phone lied through their teeth because we are now stuck in a disgusting room. The lady at the desk did offer to refund our money, but with the Stampede going on right now she knows we have no where else to go.
I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. It is a total dump.

Room Tip: if you choose to stay here only ask to stay on the third floor. Those are the renovated rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kelly V
Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

I had to stay at this place for one night. From the moment I walked into the lobby I knew it wasn't anything special but what I found was simply gross. I checked in, made sure I had a non smoking room but within 3 minutes of being there I could barely breathe. The smell of smoke, dirt and other scents I cannot describe were too much to handle. The room had a small round table (with cigarette burns on it) a gross chair and multiple cigarette burns on the carpet. The bed was missing a headboard, however they never bothered to push the bed close to the wall and there was a huge gap between the wall and the bed. The bathroom was gross and it smelled like bleach and sweat.
Luckily, I phoned the front desk and they moved me to another room. A bit of an improvement (not as smelly) but still pretty bad. Teir housekeeping staff need training as both rooms I was in had soap marks on the counters in the bathroom.
Will never stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank Mona198
Reviewed March 9, 2012

Just checked in and it's not my hair in the bathroom sink. Would leave if not so tired. Should have read reviews.

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank OystersandBeer
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Checked in January 1, 2012 for a month. I had already stayed at others in Dec. and needed a place for a month. Before booking I looked at various rooms at the Pointe. I am picky, used to a house or apartments. I am more than satisfied with the room I have, and the staff and ownership have been very helpful = helped me change to a room with what I needed. There is new ownership from over a year ago and they keep upgrading various. I found that they keep the rooms spotless, towels and linen changed daily. Beds are very comfortable. Little or no noise from other rooms or outside. A new Thailand restaurant opened up January 2, 2012. Continental breakfast each morning (free). They have security cameras all over that are monitored, including the parking lots - important for me that my vehicle is watched. Bus stop right out front that takes you to and from Calgary's C-train. I give it a two thumbs up.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Garry M
Reviewed October 23, 2011

We checked into the hotel at 11:00pm to get a few hours sleep before continuing on to BC. We checked out of the hotel at 11:30pm the same night. The room was disgusting. It looked as though a war had gone on inside as there were multiple holes that had been pathetically patched up. The walls were covered in scuff marks and scratches. The matress had holes in it and the comforter was stained. This hotel wasn't even decent enough to lay in the bed. We were also terrified to leave our vehicle parked in the lot. Worst of all we went to front desk to check out and get a refund and the clerk was rude and would not refund our stay! This is a pathetic excuse for a hotel. I would not even let my animal stay in a room like that.

I feel sorry for the next person who has to stay in that place.

We travel all over for work and stay in hotels for 3 weeks a month and never have I seen a place this disgusting. Not even in the small towns that don't even exist on maps.

I hope this place goes out of business quick. They don't deserve to advertise as a hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011