Sandman Hotel Calgary Airport
$158
$154
$82
$78
All reviewsmoxie's restaurantchop restaurantan executive suiterooms are clean and spaciousother hotels in the areasmall kitchenettefree shuttledecent hotelfollowing morningfront desk staffnice roomrental carhotel roomhot tubproximitydowntownrockies
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stayed here for a few nights and it was ok, but I have seen much better for the cost of the room. The cleaners didn't empty the garbage or replace the tea that I used. The air conditioner is a small wall installed system that can only be turned on or off (you cannot set a temperature to have maintained) and it's hard to sleep when it's on because it's so loud. It was convenient to have a fridge in my room, but most hotels in this area and price range offer a free continental breakfast.

The worst part was the moment I heard someone putting a key card in to my door, multiple times. I opened the door and told the couple with a bunch of luggage that they must have the wrong room. They showed me the key envelope and sure enough, they had the same room number as me. The only saving grace is that their key didn't work.

The room was old and dark, the air conditioner was awful, no free breakfast, cleaners did a poor job (I am not very picky) and they are very disorganized. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
gm_calair, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review following your stay. I would like to apologize for the error that a Guest Service Agent made in sending another guest to check in to your occupied room. As you said - fortunately the keys did not work which makes me think perhaps the agent wrote the wrong room number down on the envelope. If you have the time to contact me directly that would be much appreciated as this will give me the opportunity to coach the agents on duty that day and also resolve the air conditioning and cleanliness issues in your room. As you will see from many previous reviews, we do pride ourselves on the high standards of our housekeeping department, so if these standards are not being met I would appreciate knowing the room you were assigned.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Not dazzling rooms, but our basic needs were met. Close to airport, polite reception, comfy bed and bath (hard to find on our trip), nice breakfast in modern restaurant. And not noisy despite our ground floor location. I can’t comment on price as it was part of a package.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We stayed at the Sandman Calgary Airport for 14 nights and had a very comfortable stay. The rooms were always clean and comfortable and the cleaning and service staff always had a smile and were very hospitable. The gym was small but provided enough equipment to stay reasonably fit and the pool was a decent size for an Airport hotel. Being attached to a Moxie's meant that breakfasts were always a bit pricey reasonable quality. They were also very accommodating to specific parking and electrical needs we needed for our work vehicles.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stayed here for some management meetings, and this hotel was booked by our travel planner.

I believe the hotel is a little older, with new banquet rooms and Moxie's restaurant. At least that's how it felt. The rooms look good, and are modern, but have a feel like they have been reno'd at somepoint. I was upgraded to an Executive Suite, which was nice. Had a seperate bedroom, and a small living room area. The room faced south, and was very warn when I got there late afternoon. Had to set the thermostat as low as it could go and open windows. Luckily, the bedroom had an AC unit. It's loud though, so there's no way I could sleep with it on.

The room was quiet otherwise, with no noise from the hall or nearby airport.

We hit up Moxie's for a few drinks, and the service was good, drinks reasonably priced. No complaints here.

Meeting rooms are pretty typical, no complaints here.

Check in and check out was quick and courteous.

Would I stay again? If it was booked for me, then I wouldn't mind. I think there are nicer hotels in the area. Nothing wrong with this Sandman,no complaints of any kind, but nothing that really makes it stand out.

Room Tip: Pick a north facing room, out of the direct sunlight
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for the first time in june 2014 and found the rooms to be clean and comfortable the staff are Very friendly and helpful. . Moxies restaurant is also in this hotel which is nice, they provide room service. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple