“I was satisfied with the hotel”

Sandman Hotel & Suites, Calgary Airport
Ranked #70 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Edmonton
“I was satisfied with the hotel”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The room was a bit small. The hotel was clean, staff friendly. The check in was smooth. There was restaurant attached to the hotel. We had dinner there and the food was quite good. The next morning breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Pierre T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Beaumont, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2013

we choose this hotel because it was close to Airdrie, for a triathlon. The service was excellent, bed was really comfy and we had one meal at the restaurant - it was very good. It is also quite close to the Cross Iron Mills shopping centre, if that's your thing. We would not hesitate to stay here again :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We had a comfortable stay in this fairly decent hotel (beds very good) but as other reviewers have remarked, there is very little to do in the immediate surrounding area. We booked this as just an over-night stop before picking up an RV and it is very close to Cruise Canada depot which made it ideal for this. Currently there is a lot of construction going on at the airport so when we called for the free shuttle bus provided by the hotel, we were told that there would be a long wait (45 minutes). We ended up taking a taxi which took almost as long!! The swimming pool was fairly warm but the whirlpool was unfortunately out of action. There is a nice restaurant on site for dinner and breakfast and all staff members were polite and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed here very briefly after arriving on a late flight from the UK before departing for our Canadian Rockies driving holiday. It had everything we could need, and my husband particularly enjoyed the breakfast!
The aircon in the bedroom was deafening. I had earplugs, and we were both tired after our journey, so it wasn't too bad, but could easily have lead to a bad night's sleep.
The hot tub was also out of action the night we arrived, which was annoying.
However, overall, great bed (amazingly comfortable and huge), all clean, nice bathroom, so all we needed for the night.
Pick up from the airport was free, using a free phone, but it did take a little while to come. The return did charge per person, but wasn't too bad.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Whenever travelling though the Calgary area i always stay at this hotel. Some great points about the property are that its close to many different restaurants including the restaurant onsite. Also the Sunridge Shopping Center is a short drive away and it's good for quick shopping needs. The staff are also great as well as the room . I have had somewhere around 20 stays at the property and have never had a problem. Would recommend for long or short stays.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank WorldTraveler2192
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed our long weekend in the sandman calgary airport because my friend recommend it. We arrived early and we thought that front desk wont give us room but fortunately rooms were available.. We booked for 3 rooms, for my friends and my family , all rooms were cleaned and fresh.. My mother said that " First time I stay in a hotel that freshness will welcome you ".. First day and that's what we felt, fantastic.. I checked the beds,washroom and amneties all were thorough clean and new.. I usually do that because I experienced once that I slept with linen that never changed.. I felt betrayed and ashamed on that experienced.. The front desk was very helpful ( I am very sorry that I forgot the name of the front desk that help us ).. Housekeeping very friendly, not only that very professional,that's fit the awards they had on the wall.. Facilities, especially the pool and the fitness room, they're small but it will give you some relaxation after long tiring day outside.. Location, far from downtown.. If you have events like shopping, downtown tours, etc.. Try to book hotels that's near or inside downtown, but for me it doesnt matter sandman calgary airport is suit for me.. I'll recommend this hotel for my friends and my family..

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Miss_ko_pinas
Herts England
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Ideal location, easily accessible from the airport. Rooms clean, provided all we needed. Restaurant good for dinner & breakfast. Well located to drive to Banff next day. Complimentary bottles of water at reception.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family