Sandman Hotel Calgary Airport
$154
Sheraton.com
$109
$85
All reviewsmoxie's restaurantchop restaurantan executive suiterooms are clean and spaciousother hotels in the areasmall kitchenettefree shuttledecent hotelfollowing morningfront desk staffnice roomrental carhotel roomhot tubproximitydowntownrockies
Reviewed May 28, 2012

After a central booking error, we were accommodated in this hotel branch. No sure if it's the Canadian way or what, but there was a consistent attitude in relation to customer service, would suspect there may be a morale issue.
The room layout was lovely but a strong smokers presence was evident, which spoiled the stay. I too would also stay across the Marriott or Holiday Inn next time. Although will try out their UK hotel in Newcastle just incase I am wrong.

1  Thank When_we_got_there
gm_calair, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

We are a 100% non-smoking hotel, but unfortunately we do have the occasional guest who does still smoke in their room. If this is the case we put the room out of service for several days to perform deep cleaning. If this guest found that a room had been smoked in we would have gladly moved them to another room. Without knowing the room number it is difficult to address. If the guest would like to contact me directly I would be happy to discuss this and any customer service issues further.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

My family and I had the most wonderful check in experience with the asian concierge. He was funny, personable, and handsome! My young daughter said he was the next Justin Beiber!!!

Reviewed May 26, 2012

I have read the one review about park and fly and they vehicle back passenger window was busted completely out. I have a concern before I book this hotel and leave my vehicle for 7 days so I just called and asked. Was it true about this review..He said, it was all true and the hotel will not take responsibility and no video surveillance or security guard to come and check at all. The front desk guy name David confirmed me. If something happen it's my own fault. I get it what he said but the fact is , this hotel is absolutely brutal. He won't even try to solve the problem or even try to give me piece of mind . He said, it my own choice if i want to book this hotel or go elsewhere...stay away people! Thanks God i find out before i book it!

Room Tip: do not stay here park and fly
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
gm_calair, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2012

I would like to set the record straight. There was one night in April where we had a few vehicles broken into during a snowstorm - we were not the only hotel in the area to be affected. We have staff who check the parking lot several times during the overnight shift but obviously these criminals are knowledgable enough to size up the situation and make a quick smash and grab when no one is around. Please be assured that we value the safety of our guests and their belongings but make it very clear that we cannot be responsible for the actions of thieves and as such advise our guests not to leave valuables in their vehicles. Please understand that this is not a fenced, gated and patrolled lot - the same as many other hotels and businesses where a vehicle may be involved in a hit and run or other vandalism at any time of the day or night through no fault of the owner of the parking lot.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Solid hotel, what you would expect from a decent hotel. The decor etc might be a little old, and the internet a little slow sometimes, but otherwise the staff and rooms etc were fine.
The only key point to make is the location. It's great for the airport, but a little awkward for downtown: it requires a ~$13 taxi or a 20-something minute walk to get between the hotel and the nearest train stop.
Remember that the shuttle to the hotel is free, but the shuttle to the airport must be booked at the front desk and costs ~$5.
There is a moxie's on-site, which was great for breakfast (opens at 6am).
Had a room on third floor far from elevator and ice machines etc, and was quiet (apart from moxie's smokers earlier in evening being on ground level outside the window. no airplane noise at all, by the way).

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Richard M
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I was really disappointed by the older rooms and it smelled like dirty socks. First thing I did was check for bed bugs....didn't find any, thank god. We were stoping over on business and do love the location. Next time though, I will stay at the brand new Marriott across the street. The best part of the Sandman, is that it has a Moxies attached.

Cheers,

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay here again.....old hotel....
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Brawnetml
gm_calair, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2012

Thank you for the feedback. Upgrades to our guestrooms are scheduled for this year. We pride ourselves on our Housekeeping standards and have won the Alberta Hotel & Lodging Association Housekeeping Award for the past 3 years. Had you asked for a room move because of a strange odor we would certainly have been happy to accommodate.