“Very Satisfying” 4 of 5 bubbles

Clive Burger
Ranked #367 of 3,490 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Cochrane, Canada
“Very Satisfying”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

I will always prefer a backyard, home-made, charcoal grilled burger to anything cooked on a greasy iron slab in a restaurant. Having said that, if you are going out for a burger then Clive Burger is awesome. I had a double with cheese and fries. The meat is fresh, excellent texture and taste. It was a bit sloppy with the Clive Sauce and grilled mushrooms, but sloppy in a good way. Fries were plentiful and nicely cooked.

Some have commented that they didn't like that the food comes in a brown bag - I actually liked that, it's more fun than a plate and it's easy to take leftovers home.

Overall, the meal was tasty, reasonably priced for 17th Ave. Calgary - I shall return!

• Visited June 2014

Kanab, Utah
“That was the last chance..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

I have been frequenting Clives since I moved nearby months ago. Very inconsistent. Went in this evening and although I understand it was a busy evening, forty minutes for a cheeseburger and fries is excessive. (Only because it is set up as a takeout joint).
My burger was tiny compared to bun and it was soggy and pretty bland. Usually the fries are decent but this evening very tasteless.
The staff are friendly enough but don't appreciate sanitary issues like taking your pager with gloved hands and continue to prepare food with those hands.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Canada
“Average burger or an off day?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

We went to Clive Burger for the first time and were woefully unimpressed. It's the home of a big messy burger, but the burger wasn't tasty, delicious or memorable.

My husband had a vanilla custard shake which tasted too sweet and disgusting to me, but he liked it.

We sat outside and it was really pleasant to watch people and cars go by, although there is seating and washrooms inside.

I was disappointed that I had purchased two burgers and the cashier only gave me one stamp for a frequent buyers card, not that I think we will be frequent buyers now.

Clive's gets bonus points for recycling and composting packaging. Now that is exceptional!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
“Great burger in a fun atmosphere!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

Clive burger is one of my 17th Ave favourites! If you are spending a casual afternoon on 17th it makes for a great place to have lunch, or if you are having a late night at one of 17th's many bars, Clive is open late and makes a great late-night (perhaps drunken) meal.
It has a nice atmosphere, with fun wallpaper that have burger drawings, and nice wooden tables. The restaurant may look small when you walk in, but if you walk further back there is more seating available, as well as a nice patio area to eat your burger while you observe the 17th Ave happenings. Even though Clive competes with many other great restaurants on 17th, I find myself always drawn in and craving a Clive burger!
Clive offers gluten free and vegetarian options, and serves a variety of liquors such as draft beer, wine, and alcoholic shakes. You get to totally customize your burger, and I highly recommend trying their fries!! They are cooked in peanut oil and aren't like any other fries I've tried, and come with Clive sauce. One great thing about this place is that is is VERY eco friendly. So even though my lunch of burger, fries, and a beer is rather expensive and you do often have to wait 10-15 minutes for your order to be ready, it feels good to support a local business that is concerned with the environment.
Overall, Clive is a fun, tasty, and eco-conscious establishment that is well worth multiple visits.

“Two words: Clive Sauce”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

I go here pretty often (mostly late night for their fries) and have yet to be disappointed. Mainly this is because I always order extra Clive sauce. Anything in the restaurant is good, as long as it comes with Clive sauce. I have yet to consume any of the menu items without it.

Visited November 2013