“Always Love Their Pizza!”

Vina Pizza & Steakhouse
Ranked #1,094 of 3,725 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Oh my goodness, I can't say enough good things about Vina Pizza as it really is the best pizza that we have going, at least in NW Calgary! As I said in my previous review, my husband and I used to be regulars at Stromboli Pizza years ago and now this is our favorite. It is just a small restaurant so it can get crowded and it is best to make reservations especially right at dinner time on Friday and Saturday night. We went later last night, going on 8:00 after we were at the Stampede and there were quite a few tables taken on a Tuesday night. We always get the House Special and usually an x-large as we love pizza the next day heated in our toaster oven. I said the next time I would be in I would take a picture of the pizza but we are always so looking forward to the pizza that we dig in but last night I remembered when there was still half the pizza left so I can put a picture on here. This is what the House Special looks like and it tastes as good as it looks and the prices are great and you certainly don't walk away hungry! Everyone that works in this restaurant is so friendly and what I really admire is this is a family-run restaurant and they take the long weekends off to spend with their family. So, we know not to go there on long weekends and we just look forward to when we can go back on another night. Anyway, if you have a craving for an excellent pizza with delicious thick crust and fresh toppings, please do try out Vina Pizza as you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Daphne2

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We waited an hour for a place that's 10 minutes away. We refused to tip as the delivery man did not deserve ad very quickly proved that. Upon refusal to tip he immediately b!txhed at me. He wasn't even pleasant upon delivery. He refused to give me my 60 cents I didn't even get it back as well as it took my friend intervening to get my 8$. Our food was cold and so i called to complain because paying 60$ I would like my food to be at least reasonably hot. They did nothing , the attitude of the person who answered was an uncaring one. So nothing has been resolved. Te food was good but I am never ordering from there again as the customer service was awful

1  Thank Notamusedfoodie
Reviewed March 24, 2013

My son had the pizza, which lives up to expectations. Fairly good.

My Vina Burger was large, Burr process cheese should not be in a Burger. Side salad was OK, but an Italian restaurant that doesn't have Italian dressing? Oy! I knew was in trouble when they list "cheez whiz" for the philly cheese streak sandwich in the menu.

Wife had a Turkey sandwich covered in beef gravy. Hrm.

Daughter's hot roast beef with yam fries was pretty good.

In short, it is reasonable food, but I would rather have eaten 2 doors down at Dairy lane.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Vina Pizza is our favorite pizza joint in Calgary. We always order the House special so it is loaded and so delicious! Their pizzas have thick crust with lots of toppings and their prices are very reasonable and it is a family run small restaurant so you're always greeted at the door and Elizabeth comes over to the table to say hi. We love our pizza and are pretty fussy - years ago it was Stromboli Pizza and Karouzos that we would go to so now it is Vina. It's not a big place so we either go really early or make a reservation as it gets pretty packed - also good for takeout. Everyone that I have recommended to try Vina's has been very pleased and all go back for great pizza time and time again. It's a must and so glad it is in NW Calgary!

3  Thank Daphne2