“Excellent service and nice light food.”
Review of The Oak Room

The Oak Room
Ranked #70 of 3,647 Restaurants in Calgary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Where the martini crowd mixes with the Microbrew crew, Cosmopolitans enjoy a relaxed chat with the smoothest single malts in town and enticing tapas are both appetizer and accompaniment. The Oak Room Lounge - Calgary's place to sip, mingle and be seen. For lunch, after work get-togethers and evening rendezvous. Make it your scene. The Oak Room Bar and Lobby Lounge shake things up and serve both vintage cocktails and our twist on classic cocktails. Now featuring the Classics. Perfected. cocktail menu as well as brand new offerings for summer 2017.
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Second night at the hotel we ate here, they had a beautiful girl singing and a guy playing guitar that night. The music was amazing. The service was so attentive and quick with coffee refills or anything else we needed. The steak in my salad was so good I barely needed to chew it it almost melted in the my mouth and the fish is chips was so lightly battered and not greasy at all. Excellent place to eat

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed at the Palliser this past weekend so decided to grab some lunch at the Oak Room. A beer, fries, a soup and a soda cost almost $50 with the tip but the soup was AMAZING... Definitely worth it.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Whenever I visit a city I like to stay at, or at least visit the Fairmonts. Typically pretty special places.

And I like to have a specific drink.

In most cases the bar staff are very experienced. Maybe I hit the Oak Room on an off night? The bartender was pretty green. Knew what I wanted, but not how to make it.

The decor is pretty plain-jane. This could have been any bar in any city - nothing outstanding.

A sad let down after visiting so many exceptional Fairmont lounges.

1  Thank Leavethesn0wbehind
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stopped in for an afternoon beer in the Oak Room in Calgary...Had been in for drinks at the Oak Room at the Fairmont in Boston (my home town) so it brought back memories. The Pallister is an exquisite hotel and the Oak Room is worth a trip. Service and drink selection are excellent - an enjoyable way to take an afternoon break.

1  Thank adventurer21
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We were in Calgary attending the Magnetic North Theatre Festival and that kept us away from home on Father’s Day. My daughter suggested we get dressed up and go to the Palliser Hotel for dinner. As we had a function to attend later, we decided on a quick meal in the Oak Room. It is a high-ceilinged room with comfortable seating and, as advertised, oak panelling. It is one of those grand rooms in a historic railroad hotel that Canadians love. We ordered a Bloody Caesar, which, we were told, was invented in Calgary, a small steak and a burger. The service was attentive and discrete. The Caesars were delicious, the steak done to order, and my daughter informed me that the veggie burger was the best she had ever tasted. We went back another night, and the experience was just as grand.

1  Thank Denis D