“Montana's In Calgary July 2014”

Montana's BBQ & Bar
Ranked #2,499 of 3,647 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Montana’s is all things BBQ to all people. Whether you’re in the mood for southern style in-house smoked ribs and pulled pork or looking for some Canadian BBQ flavour across our burgers, steaks and sandwiches; Montana’s has the perfect atmosphere to bring the family or meet up with friends. Fire up the good times at Montana’s BBQ & Bar!
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Just your typical Montana's. In fact don't really enjoy this establishment however was a good place to meet others. Service was fair to good. Food was OK, but nothing to write home about. Music was turned up too load, and when asked to turn down a bit, the server said she did, but it didn't seem like it. Had a good gathering regardless, but I think I won't be tempted to return to a Montana's anytime soon.

Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

On our return trip to Bangkok we enjoyed a 4 hour wait in the lovely Calgary Airport. Our niece & nephew live in Calgary & joined us for lunch. My wife & I shared the soup of the day & the Grilled Salmon Salad. Very nice. Chuck & Mel had the Quesadillas & Tacos respectively. The food is always great at Montana's, along with the service & atmosphere. We really enjoy meeting here & we are actually hoping that our 2015 visit to Canada includes a stop in Calgary either coming or going. Love visiting with relatives at the airport, especially when it's at Montana's Cookhouse Saloon.

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Horrible service, server had no clue how to talk to customers, went on Friday night at about 8 pm. Only had to wait 10 Minutes to be seated. I asked about the granvil island beer and server told me they only have raspberry beer from them. Menu did not say anything about raspberry beer. My daughter and wife shared some appy's while my son and I had fajitas. We told server that we wanted everything together. Appys came and our fajitas took another 20 minutes to arrive. Near the time we were finishing the server was asking us if we wanted it to go, we still had food in our mouths and knife and fork in hands. Supervisor found out we were upset so he took care of half our bill. I have a hard time to want to leave a tip when there is such bad service. We did though, not our normal amount.
Sorry Montana's I will not return.

1  Thank w t
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I stopped there for lunch with my Cousin and her 2 boys and had a great time catching up on things. Service and food were great. Would definitely eat there again. I found menu was very reasonably priced. Enjoyed how restaurant was done up inside with décor and lots of room for kids to color on the paper that was on tables.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Title say's it all really. Went on a Friday at 6pm. Waited 45 mins to get a table (for 6).
All that time watched a similar sized table wait to get their mains. Just served as we were seated.

It seemed like there were only 2-3 servers for the entire resaurant, yet 4-5 very slowly cleaning tables!.

Food actually came quite quickly, after I told our server that I was not waiting 45 mins for a main!

Food. So, so. My ribs were good, but everyone else seemed to have mediocre food.

Not worth a repeat visit.

1  Thank Jon H