Calgary West Campground
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Calgary
See available hotels
Good 3.5/5
  • Restaurant
Excellent 5/5
    Average 3/5
    See what travelers are saying:
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed June 30, 2014

Pool is too cold for kids to use. Dog poop in playground.

Great location. Wash rooms very nice but need to be cleaned more than once a day.

Campsite is built on a hill side, some two wheel drive trucks can not pull their trailers into some sites after you get stuck and damage your trailer by jack-knifing the staff will assign you to another site. My class A had no problems with the hills after I unhooked the toad.

2  Thank Marc M
    Reviewed June 27, 2014

From the minute we arrived the staff here were exceptional! Each and every one has a smile and they are all ready to help out! They shuttled us to the city bus with directions as to how to get to the LRT for transit straight to the Calgary Zoo. Then they picked us up again later with big smiles on their faces. The grounds were pretty and quiet. The bathroom/showers were the cleanest I've seen in a campground! The large sparkling pool was a great treat for our kids. The location just off Hwy 1 made finding it a breeze! We will definitely be visiting this park again.

2  Thank Cheryl P
    Reviewed June 3, 2014

My wife made a reservation earlier in the day and paid the 44.00 plus tax on a site. My wife then confirmed we would be arriving around midnight and this was not a problem.the employee stated we will leave a map with your name on it at the bulletin board. When we arrived there was no map and luckily my wife confirmed and knew the campsite number. We eventually found our site after enduring mountain grades and had to back up several times to make thegradewith our tent trailer.never advised we need a 4x4 to get to our site then after finding our site and realizing that the power was another 30feet farther than our factory cord would reach,we called the campground with no answer. I then finally found another site and set up.in the morning after putting up with highway noise all night I inquired about a partial credit due to no power being access able from our original site and was told it is not the campgrounds fault some one took the map they put out , not our fault you do not have a 4x4 ,not our fault you did not bring extra electrical extension cord and 24 hour notice for cancellation so too bad no partial refund THIS PLACE IS A MONEY GRAB DO NOT STAY HERE EVER .

3  Thank 691Anne12
    Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed at the Calgary West RV park in September 2013, close to Calgary, on arrival the staff were very friendly & helpful, they gave us directions to the closest shops walking time was approx. 20 minutes. This park offers a shuttle service to downtown Calgary every day with a return for a nominal fee this was a great service to provide & allowed us to leave the RV parked at our site. The RV park was well maintained & the laundry was located in the office area .

Room Tip: A great place to stayed close to Calgary & Olympic park within walking distance
    • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
    5  Thank Jon-Tony C
    Reviewed September 21, 2013

Recently spent ten days at this park (mid-September 2013). An overall pleasant experience. The front-desk staff are exceptionally friendly and nice. The park will also pick-up your site garbage every day - nice touch!

Yes, the two to a site are close together, but I only shared my site for three nights out of ten. The upswing is the fact that this layout also afforded a generous expanse of lawn between the next side-by-side site. I really appreciated this greenspace, and enjoyed sitting there soaking in the view. There are red 8' high bushes at every site that afford a bit of privacy and shade.

The outdoor pool looked inviting and was open while I was there. However, it was drained the day I left, as a light frost was in the forecast. The WiFi does not extend to every site, but there is a room above the reception office which is reserved for WiFi use. The weather was hot and sunny while I was there - was nice to do my computer work sitting on a picnic table around the pool. (WiFi works there too).

I also utilized the upper campground laundry. Nice laundry room; the washers and dryers worked well! The park also has a small store - very limited selection of groceries, but liked the take it or leave it food box which contained misc. foodstuff that was left/donated by RVers/campers. What a great idea!

The park also has a daily 10 am shuttle to downtown Calgary ($14 return). The shuttle pick-up is at 6 pm, so plan for a long day. I spent the last two hours at the top of the Calgary Tower which has lots of seating; a good place to rest while awaiting the pick-up site (which is 1/2 block from the Tower).

Fires are not allowed (because the park is within a city-limit bylaw) so do not expect a true outdoor experience. the main attraction is the accessibility to urban/semi-urban Calgary. Do not let the plain-Jane check-in building (that needs a coat of paint) discourage you either. I would recommend this park for the above reasons.

My only complaint is the fact there are no shopping areas within walking distance. I unhitched my truck to get groceries and got lost in the nightmare of dead-end streets and cul de sacs across the freeway from the park.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo