“Bender Group - Stampede 2013”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calgary
Mountain View Camping
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We had a group of 14 people with 7 campers for the 2013 Stampede. The Bookings for a group was handled very professional without any problems. Entire group was located in same area.
Stampede breakfasts, diners and shuttle service were all well organized and punctual.
Hospitality of the Owners, Henry , Minni along with Chris and Cara along with staff was 1st class. We had a fantastic time around campsite with them.
Thanks for making our Stampede experience so memorable and would recommend this site to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eugene B
Cara B, Manager at Mountain View Camping, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Hello Eugene! So nice to hear from you! We are so glad that you had a great stay here at Mountain View! This year was especially hectic for us because of the flooding in late-June, so it made Stampede 2013 that much more special for us. We were honored to have so many groups - including yours - to celebrate not only the 101st Stampede, but the spirit of our community as we banded together to recover from the damages resulting from the flood.

We had a great time hanging out fire-side and enjoying some music with you guys during your stay here, and are missing your specialty popcorn! You'll have to come back and show us the trick to getting it just right.

Hope to see you again soon, and wish you all the very best,

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This weekend my daughter and I tented here. It has been the tenth time that I have stayed here. I keep coming back because of the friendly staff and also the cleanliness. I normally get my husband to drop me off because he is not a camper, then stay with one of my children or myself. We always tent and are ready for all types of weather. I am an older lady so like the idea of the store and washrooms being so handy. Also that most of the campers are long time tenants. They always try to accommodate me with the tent site I like.
Thank you so much for another great time,
Jewell and Therese

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Cara B, Manager at Mountain View Camping, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Hello Jewell and Therese! We were very happy to host you this past weekend, and the many times you've stayed here in the past! We are honored that you choose us repeatedly - it's customers like you that make it all worth while. The tenting section offers some of the nicest spaces in the entire campground, with lots of trees and open space, and we're glad you enjoy it. Thanks so very much for your kind words, and we look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!

Regards,

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I arrived sometime in May I think and stayed until August. I only have good things to say about this place. I've stayed at others in the area and this place beats them hands down. I must say that if you are looking for a forested private National forest/Campground then keep looking, this is an RV park first and foremost and but a good one at that. All the staff were very pleasant to deal with, I had the chance to sit with a few of them around the fire pit and they are great people to talk too. Laundry service onsite can get busy but it's very convenient. I was able to find everything I needed when I needed it in a pinch at the store the few times I did.

During stampede the bus service is AWESOME! We took advantage of it once, boarding at 6pm and returning sometime after midnight (Bus leaves after the fire works) and they are very careful to try and not leave anyone behind. And it's $10 per person round trip.. seriously can't get better than that.

The sites were clean and maintained. There are planes that go over head but try and find a place within 50 kms that they don't and if you happen to find one that doesn't I'm sure you'll find a train.. Planes never bothered me at all. I moved sites a couple times, once due to my late booking and another due to my choice at what I thought was the best site in the park (Although only 15 amp). Staff was happy to break out the pencil and eraser and make the requested changes where possible..

Price? They give you a discount for extended stay for serviced RV sites.. I checked others and that wasn't an option. For that reason and all the others staying here was a no brainer..

I have some credit there and I'll be back.. Probably around stampede to take advantage of that shuttle!! Cheers and thanks for helping me with my transition.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Hello! We are so very happy that you enjoyed your extended stay with us! You were always pleasant and we enjoyed dealing with you, including moving you over to Site 39 - we are very happy you liked that spot. We do our very best on a daily basis to go above and beyond in satisfying the needs of our customers, and it's very rewarding to hear that our dedication to that goal pays off! You are right - we are most certainly not a forested, private campground, but we are close to the city and offer as many amenities as possible to make up for it. Our shuttle service is very popular among our guests during the Stampede, making it easy and convenient to get right downtown where the action is!

We sincerely appreciate your kind words and can't wait to see you next summer!

Regards,

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Rht is the worse place i ever camp in my live , nasty area , people that are working there are very racist, they offer the worst services the people of another country that is not German .
not you can eat outside because you have bad odor that comes from others, the water that has a very bad smell is horrible the attentions that give you there and the lack of hygiene

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Cara B, Manager at Mountain View Camping, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thanks for your critique.

Firstly, I am surprised by your accusations of racism. Over 35% of our current customer base comes from countries outside of Canada. While we do see many people come from Germany, we also host many from the Netherlands, Holland, Switzerland, Austria, Turkey, Israel, Brazil, Japan, Korea, and China. We are an ideal location for guests flying in and out of Canada on vacation because of our close proximity to both the Calgary International Airport, as well as to several of the RV Rental agencies. We VERY REGULARLY deal with customers of different race, culture, and socio-economic status. Our livelihood is greatly impacted by customers originating from other parts of the world and we work hard to ensure we don't ever jeopardize that fact. It is deeply hurtful to us that anyone would ever feel we are practicing "racism". The owner and founder of this business originated from Germany, which is why we can offer service in Germanic languages. He arrived here 60 years ago, in the midst of deep-seeded hatred of people from that region of the world. He experienced extreme racism first-hand, and therefore would never tolerate it from the staff members of his business. The entire time he has lived in this country he has worked closely with immigrants from all over the world, first in the real estate industry, and now in tourism. Practicing discrimination would surely have ruined his unique business ventures long ago.

I'm also surprised that you felt there was a "lack of hygiene". One of the biggest compliments we receive is how clean and well-maintained our facilities and grounds are. I'm very sorry that it didn't meet your standards, and we will continue to strive to maintain our high standard of cleanliness.

Unfortunately we cannot control the "odor from others", since I'm unsure of what that implies, or where you happened to encounter that issue. Otherwise, we thank you for your patronage and critique of our hard work.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Mountain View camp site is a great place to camp.It is close to everything my granddaughter loves it out there. We have parked our trailer out there for about 3 to 4 years from the beginning of May to the end of September.
Was a little disappointed this year my boyfriend thought he told the office that we would be in on June 1st to get our spot. But when we got there the staff in the office told him that was May 1st that they were holding a spot for us. It would have been nice for some to call and ask if we were still interested in a spot. Very disappointed. :(

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Cara B, Manager at Mountain View Camping, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

We sincerely appreciate your wonderfully kind words! It is great to hear that your grand-daughter enjoys staying here as well - we love having the kids around and like to make their stay with us fun and memorable too!

I must admit that I'm a little confused about your reservation issue....first you mentioned that you stay each year from May to September, then you said you were arriving in June this year. Were you unable to get a site with us? It is possible that the office staff expected you to arrive in May if you usually do, and it is unfortunate that no one called you to inquire about your arrival date, as that generally IS our policy. We do have many no-shows each season, and we do our best to get in touch with those customers before removing them from our reservation system. I hope that, going forward, we can host you again in the future, as we always enjoy having pleasant, satisfied customers around! Thanks again!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Found the Campsite was close enough to everything yet still out of town. The sites are well laid out, though some are more desirable than others. The laundry facilities are inadequate and exacerbated by staff also using it. There is a laundromat a couple of exits west of there that is great though. Their dumping station is for registered guest oinly. I find this policy offensive. There is a very big city nearby and a facility pay per use should be available to returning residents near the city, and in my opinion this is the beast location for exactly this service. I think they are missing a business opportunity and creating bad feelings among campers.

Room Tip: Don't get a spot too near the pond to the east as the wind may blow smells your way.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Eric G
Cara B, Manager at Mountain View Camping, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thanks for your critique of Mountain View Camping. We appreciate your taking the time to let us know how your stay with us went! We agree - the laundry room is simply too small during the busy months of July and August, and we are still working towards a potential solution for that issue. Regarding your comment about the staff using those facilities - our staff members all live here in their RV's. They pay to use the laundry room just like our customers do. We cannot fairly expect them to have to take their laundry elsewhere off site. The laundromat west of here is wonderful - they have many more machines than we do and some of our long-term customers do prefer to use that option.

I'd also like to address your comments about the dump station. Unfortunately with the recent flooding in Calgary, we were forced to accept only sewage/grey water from our registered guests, since the sewage treatment facilities that normally accept our waste water (which we have trucked out daily) were all closed. We were having to truck the effluent to a town one hour from here, and were trying to limit our quantities in order to avoid potential back ups and other emergency situations that could have resulted from our holding tanks overflowing. That type of situation would have meant complete evacuation of our customers from the campground, which we certainly wanted to avoid. This was a strenuous and unusual circumstance that we were forced to address. At any other time we DO offer the use of our dump station for a fee to customers off of the road, and since the sewage plants have now re-opened, we've resumed doing so. We recognize that there are very few places left in Calgary who offer this service, and are happy to be able to provide it to those who need it!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The Bender group of 16 people stayed at Mountain view Camp Ground and had a wonderful experience. The camp ground was clean and the hospitality from the owners and staff were top notch. A special thanks to Cara and Chris for making this a real memory.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank DWBALLANTYNE

Hello to the Bender Group! We had such a great time hosting you guys! Glad you had a pleasant time here at Mountain View. You are an amazing group of people and we hope to see you again soon!