“Awesome experience!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This was my favorite place to eat in Calgary. I loved the vegan-friendly menu and staff, and the sweet potato fries were the best I've ever eaten! It was exciting to have multiple veggie burgers to choose from, and I was very happy with the Mediterranean Veggie Burger. My friends ordered breakfast and really liked it, so I would highly recommend this place for any meal of the day.

I also appreciated that they were a part of Mealshare and working to make the community better

There are newer reviews for Blue Star Diner

Reviewed September 14, 2013

There were no tables when we arrived for breakfast on a Saturday morning at 8:45 a.m.but we were warmly greeted and quickly served a cup of coffee while we waited. In about 10 minutes, we were led to a table. One of us had a tomato and basil omelette, the other, two scrambled eggs. Both egg dishes were on the dry side so you will need to ask if you prefer them wetter. We shared a single banana-blueberry pancake and a side of fresh fruit (watermelon, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, grapefruit, orange and pineapple.) The fruit was beautifully presented, fresh, and each one at the peak of flavor.
Even though the diner was packed and the staff bustlming, the vibe was friendly. They don't take reservations so get there early.

1  Thank WestCoastCalGal
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We visited Calgary, Canmore, Banff, Field and Jasper from our home in Philadelphia. Our dinner at the Blue Star Diner was the best meal of the trip. We enjoyed the vegetarian tacos (fried avacado!) Bison Chili, and Brisket tacos. We really loved the Bourbon Milk drinks too, tasted just like milk shakes. For dessert we had the red velvet ice cream sandwich... amazing! Wish we could have gone back for brunch.

The service was friendly, the host was super accommodating and took our drink order while we waited for a table. We will definitely be returning.

2  Thank lizzilla
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Went with bf for dinner on Saturday night and it was busy but within afew minutes we had a table. Started with the asparagus appetizer that we shared and it was very good! Small, tender and grilled to perfection with a spicy pepper cracked on top with a poached egg. My main course was the chicken dinner that was part of their meal sharing program. It was a wonderful plate of veg, chicken with a crispy skin and a warm chickpea spread that I almost licked off the plate. The table next to us recommended the chocolate cream pie but by the time ordered dessert it was gone. Instead we were offered the skor bar cream pie and it was amazing! Dinner for the two of us came to about $65 which we thought was well worth it.
Service was attentive and friendly. The place looks like it could only hold about 50 ppl so it is was full the entire time we were there. I would not recommend for large groups as a party with more than 6 - 8 ppl starts to get tricky.
For a Saturday night there was still a cool, fun vibe to the place and everyone around was relaxed and having fun. Will go back and try more menu items!!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Tasty food, perfect eggs and excellent coffee all mixed in with a feel good, Sunday morning vibe.

We'll be back