“I will be back!”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I live in the area, but this was my first time to dine here. We went early (5 p.m.) on a Friday night and got a table right away. Service was prompt throughout the evening. Food was excellent - fantastic sweet potatoe fries with chipotle mayo. I think I would go back just for those! There is a large variety of pizzas on the menu, which seem like a popular choice. They serve the hot pizza by placing it atop an extra-large can of tomatoes - cute touch. Although I did not have my family with me, I will definitely go back with them as it appears very child-friendly.

1  Thank Dosmojito

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I discovered 4th Spot while house hunting in Mt. Pleasant/Tuxedo and it became my haven for lunch and dinner while going to open houses and despairing that I was never find the right home and being exhausted by 60+ showings on my own house. I finally settled in Cambrian Heights and am a little sad I'm not an easy walking distance from 4th t. I'm still really happy its just a short drive away. I've tried the ribs, pizza, wings and maybe had a sandwich one day for lunch, can't remember. What I do remember is being very comfortable, loving the decor especially the steps up to the bar with the names of nearby communities, the service and just feeling very welcome and loving the 'trendiness' of 4th Street with this great little spot, the garden centre, and the little store with all the house plants outside and the owner who wants you to come in (and why wouldn't I?) I haven 't tried breakfast but I've heard one or two other people says its not as good as lunch or dinner but that was a while ago. I love the atmopsphere, in the early evening you'll find couples, families with small kids, friends, and it all works. Go for the wings and pizza and try a Caesar while you're at it, fun little place. Kids love the fire trucks taking off from the fire hall just across the street.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I heard high praise of 4th Spot Kitchen and Bar from my neighbors. It was a very crowded Friday night that I decided to check it out. At first it looked like it would take a while to get in, but soon we were invited to sit at the bar. There was a very friendly feeling of neighbourhood between the serving staff behind the bar and the patrons sitting up front.

I noticed some TripAdvisor reviews that complained about the length of time it takes to be served. This was not the case for me tonight. I had a beer in my hand practically before I had my jacket off and hung on the back of the chair.

I didn’t even look at the menu, as I ordered the Friday night specials. The green salad, California Dreamin’, was made up of mixed greens, Roma tomato, candied almonds, sun-dried cranberries and feta cheese. I chose the balsamic dressing. It was very fresh and tasty.

Additionally, the Friday night special included a special price on pints of Big Rock Traditional (ale) and a steak sandwich which included the house specialty - a warm potato salad that was made up of baby potatoes in a creamy and cheesy sauce.

I was very pleased with my steak; it was grilled exactly like I would have done it for myself, very juicy and very tender.

The staff was there to address every need: polite, attentive, interactive, friendly and entertaining. The décor of 4th Steet Kitchen and Bar is a fascinating collection of pictures old Calgary. I would have enjoyed walking around to study them, but, alas, that is not possible in such a busy restaurant.

I will certainly return.

1  Thank knightspirit
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I'm relocating to Calgary and was really pleased to find that this great restaurant is only blocks away from my new home. We ate lunch there last week, arrived around 1pm so presumably missed the lunch crowd. There were several other dines but it wasn't super busy. Service was friendly and prompt. I had one of the lunch specials which was a delicious, fresh salad with candied nuts and fruit, fresh greens and a sweet dressing, I believe it was a maple vinaigrette. The decor was clean, contemporary and cozy.

I was thinking I'd have further to drive to find a place like this, so am really happy it's within walking distance. We noticed there is wine testing once a month, and live music on Tues, so we will be sure to check it out once we're settled in.

3  Thank RachelJaneRachel
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We went to this neighborhood spot on the recommendation of my wife's co-worker and we were quite impressed by everything. We sat in lounge and had a great time. Drinks were served quickly and with an honest smile. I had a burger with soup and she had burger with fries, all was good to great! Saw pizza at next table and this would be something to try next time. All in all definately worth the drive for us as it's not our neighborhood but wish it was!!