“Fun and Memorable!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had a great time! It was a Birthday celebration and we really enjoyed it. We had a group of ten we're given a private area. When we arrived we were treated to awsome beef skewers. They also surprised us with a complimentary slice of birthday cake and song!
We will definetly go back and if you plan to go make a reservation it is busy
Karen

2  Thank Karen Y
There are newer reviews for Salt and Pepper - North Bowness

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We went here for lunch the other day and were more than satisfied! The decor is relatively simply, but comfortable and inviting; it is consistent with the Mexican theme. The service was very friendly and personable, but I will admit that it took a while for the food to arrive.

The food itself was very good. We ordered a number of appetizers to share among our group and I would re-order most of those again: I would recommend the Nachos al Horno, Chorizo Fundido, and Camarones al Mojo de Ajo. The Calarames Fritos was okay (the calamari was cooked just right, but the batter was bland and the accompanying sauce wasn't anything special).

1  Thank Keith-B-Robinson
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This was our second visit to Salt and Pepper in a few months. The food was the same, some good, some not so good. The nacho appetizer was good, the margaritas were just OK. In my mind, a margarita is always made with crushed ice, so having ice cubes was new to me, I didn't like it. Make sure you ask for crushed ice if that's what you're expecting. My husband ordered what looked like a taco salad and he enjoyed it. He also liked the rice, whereas my said said it was awful. We were seated in a private room at the back, which meant we didn't get great service, my son's coke came at the end of the meal just before we left. I do feel the ambience is Mexican, so if you are looking for authentic Mexican for ambience, it works. On the plus side, we have never had to wait longer than 5 to 10 minutes for a table on a Saturday night. Overall, S and P is an average restaurant. Hope this helps!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We used to go here all the time but haven't for about 3 years. The food was bland although they served my son a spicy dish. He is 2. The service was actually really good (but slow). It all seems processed, including the chicken - the 'sour cream' seemed to be salad dressing. They used to be able to accommodate my allergies without a problem and instead of getting a flavourful meal it was limited, sparse and bland and still full price even though I did not get half the food. My dining partner, who had no limitation, also did not think the food was what it used to be. The music was decent but not as lively as it used to be.

Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

I had the chicken quesadilla which was very good and authentic. My husband had the beef fajita who he said was very flavourful and delicious! The service was friendly and fast. Would absolutely go there again!

1  Thank Beachme22