“very good meal, great view”

Murrieta's Bar & Grill
Ranked #83 of 3,537 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Bar, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
los angeles
“very good meal, great view”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

awesome meal...

I started with the California Lemonade (from LA so I had to...) I might have liked another 1/2 shot or so in there, but I am being picky. It was super refreshing and a beautiful presentation. I'll attach a pic later. We had a wonderful view from our table.

I enjoyed the caesar salad I started with and the ribeye that I got was delicious too. The apple fritter dessert was okay, i think it needed more apple, it was really doughy, but tasted very good and the maple toffee sunshine puppy heaven sauce, i literally wanted to drink it. Ok, maybe I took a little sip. lol.

definitely recommend this place

• Visited July 2014

• Korean first
Toronto, Canada
“Good service”
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Early evening supper and cocktails in bar to watch baseball and relax. Although dining room was busy and bar half full, had good meal and excellent service. Would definitely try again and hopefully get to use patio. Very warm setting.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Victor B
“Disappointing”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Very few restaurants can maintain food quality over time and this old favorite is no exception. I have visited Murrieta's many times over the years and it has been up and down. It is down now. You would think a restaurant with such a terrific setting would be better.

They were very good about accommodating our large group and the service was fun, almost sassy. But the food was disappointing. The bread brought to the table was dry, light and tasteless. The meat balls were pretty good but the humus was...well it was not like any humus I have ever tried. Even if I pretended it was something else, it was disappointing.

I ordered the special - the rack of boar - because it sounded exotic and it is not something I would likely ever cook at home. It was on the verge of being overcooked (but still okay) but it was tasteless. I have had better pork chops at much less expensive restaurants. I encouraged my friends from out of town to try Alberta beef and suggested the rib eye cooked medium. They were not disappointed - but they were not complementary (odd considering that our company paid for the meal). I ordered my standard dessert - crème brulee. I left most of it - it was not worth the calories.

The best part of the evening, however, was the integrity of the server who pointed out that the 18% gratuity was included and that we should not add another 20% on top of that. If I go back (on my own so as not to be embarrassed) I will go back only because of the service.

• Visited June 2014
Calgary, Canada
“Good food, on the loud side”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Everything I had was good: raw oysters for appetizer; steak with mashed potato, green beans and root vegetables, vegetables were cooked perfectly, steak was medium rather than medium rare; dessert was brownie with bananas foster - I would have liked less cake and more bananas. Service was good, but there were a few spots that could have been more timely. The main dining area is stone/brick with a 2+ storey ceiling. No party was particularly loud, but the room added up to making it hard to hold a conversation. Good for casual dining and business, I would not come here for a quiet dinner.

• Visited June 2014
Calgary, Canada
“The menu has gone down hill”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I used to love this resturant. My husband and I had our fir date here over 12 years ago.
We decided to go here for an anniversary lunch. The patio is awesome for people watching but that can't make up for the food or service.

I've been here at least twice in the last 6 months and the food is BLAND and has some off notes.

Our server(s) were terrible. During the lunch hour which is busy they stood in a clump and talked amoungst themselves rather than tend to their CUSTOMERS.

• Visited May 2014