“Good food, on the loud side” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Murrieta's Bar & Grill

Murrieta's Bar & Grill
Ranked #75 of 3,490 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Bar, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Calgary, Canada
“Good food, on the loud side”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

Everything I had was good: raw oysters for appetizer; steak with mashed potato, green beans and root vegetables, vegetables were cooked perfectly, steak was medium rather than medium rare; dessert was brownie with bananas foster - I would have liked less cake and more bananas. Service was good, but there were a few spots that could have been more timely. The main dining area is stone/brick with a 2+ storey ceiling. No party was particularly loud, but the room added up to making it hard to hold a conversation. Good for casual dining and business, I would not come here for a quiet dinner.

• Visited June 2014

• Korean first
Calgary, Canada
“The menu has gone down hill”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

I used to love this resturant. My husband and I had our fir date here over 12 years ago.
We decided to go here for an anniversary lunch. The patio is awesome for people watching but that can't make up for the food or service.

I've been here at least twice in the last 6 months and the food is BLAND and has some off notes.

Our server(s) were terrible. During the lunch hour which is busy they stood in a clump and talked amoungst themselves rather than tend to their CUSTOMERS.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Excellent Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I had the Aha Tuna, it was amazingly delicious! My girlfriends had a scallop dish and the other had a seafood with pasta dish, those dishes where also very good. The decor was visually very interesting. My only complaint was that the service should be much better, the waitress was mediocre at best. In resteraunts like this, yes I do expect to have my wine poured, especiallly when the restaurant isn't busy at all. Our bill was just under $200 for three entres and two bottles of wine, another reason our wine should have been poured. With all that said, I would still recommend a visit.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Surprised!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

Great food, great service, convenient location and an interesting place in downtown Calgary; a short walk from my Hotel that took my by interesting shops in a safe area! Don't miss Murietta's. The revenge is sweet!

Visited May 2014
Edmonton
“Great venue for a client party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

I attended Murrieta's for a recent client party our company put on and the venue was perfect. While the venue was packed the layout of the restaurant allowed for great flow for all clients. There were wine stations, and food stations throughout the venue and this kept people fed and happy.

The food prepared and served was phenomenal. Could not stop eating the coconut shrimp :)

If you're looking for an event location with great food and a great atmosphere then this is the place!

1 Thank ShaunEdm