“A hidden gem” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Murrieta's Bar & Grill

Murrieta's Bar & Grill
Ranked #75 of 3,490 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Bar, Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Chicago, Illinois
“A hidden gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

Tucked away inside a hotel, on a street adjacent to Stephen Ave, I wouldn't have found this restaurant had it not come with a stellar recommendation from a client of mine. I sat at the bar since I was dining alone, and felt very comfortable there and received professional and prompt service. I ordered the spinach salad and a marguerita pizza....the pizza was enough for two and so good that I took the left-overs back to my hotel fridge (something I ordinarly do not do). Definitely worth a try if you're in the area - the ambiance is good for dining with friends or couples, or for a business meal.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

• Korean first
United Kingdom
“Where's the waiter?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

Nice environment, interesting menu, good wine choice. Food quality is ok, not very special. Prices are reasonable but why does it take so long to get some drinks and why you always need to search for your waiter?

Visited November 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Great dining experience! ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

Love the “outdoor” feeling indoor. Great ambience during dinner. Servers were very attentive. I had a few tempura prawns for appetizer, just OK as a bit salty to for me. My main of medium rare 6 oz tenderloin with black truffle butter sauce was made perfectly to my liking. I liked the sides of mashed potato and veggies. I couldn’t resist having dessert after seeing Banana’s Foster on the menu and I was glad I ordered it (although I couldn't finish it!) as it was delish! Will definitely go back to this restaurant the next time I’m in Calgary!

Calgary, Canada
“Not bad ..... but”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Overall this restaurant is OK. But we would never go back on a Saturday night. Parking is a nightmare, lineups out the door, service is slow as they are too busy. The food was good with the exception of the salamy was off vey off and the lamb meat balls were no good either. All the other food was very good. They did offer us a food alternative and give us a $10 credit which we appreciated. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We may give this place another try at lunch time.

Calgary, Canada
“Excellent meals in a historic environment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

Murrieta's is located in an old sandstone building in downtown Calgary. It is a large restaurant with a number of different rooms including a lounge area. I've eaten here numerous times for lunch with business colleagues and have found the service to be excellent as well as the food. The Cobb salad is one of my favorite dishes. If going for lunch, make a reservation.

• Visited October 2013