“Good food, good price, good service”

Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria
Reserve with OpenTable
Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #491 of 3,711 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Famoso is a casual pizzeria serving authentic Neapolitan pizzas made with high quality ingredients in a domed Italian oven. Ideal for a quick lunch or a night out. Enjoy with wine, cocktails and beer.
Reviewed August 23, 2014

Tonight was my first time at Famoso. I had read a lot of the reviews and most of them were positive... I would definitely add to the positive reviews. The food, service, and prices were all good. I would definitely go back to the restaurant and it may be a staple for take out for me for years to come since I live in the area. I had the spicy thai pizza which was very good. The BBQ chicken pizza was just average but the prosciutto wrapped mozzarella balls for an appetizer was delicious. I would definitely recommend Famoso.

1  Thank Rob H

Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

Food is very good and the pizzas are baked in a brick oven which gives an authentic Italian taste to the base and crust. And innovative toppings for the pizza and excellent appetizers.
As with everything in life... You get what you pay for and Famosa is no exception. The price is higher than a high street pizzazz chain but the quality of the food is also higher.
I would recommend this restaurant for all groups of people.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

We have visited the Westhills location several times since it opened and have attended the 4th Street location as well as the one in Edmonton. We have noticed steady confidence in the novice staff at Westhills and an aim to please. There have been the odd glitches with our orders, which were readily corrected and there is great improvement in the timing of all parties at our table receiving their pizzas. Reminiscent of pizza I had the pleasure to enjoy in Naples, Italy, the wood burning oven does a great job in cooking delicious pizza best eaten fresh. The Napoli salad is very good with lightly dressed greens. The gelato is always wonderful! We have come at very busy times and quiet ones and particularly appreciate the friendly service whether or not the restaurant is rollicking. We will return.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

This was our first visit to a Famosa restaurant . This one was located in MacKenzie Town in S.E. Calgary. I was there with my wife , two grand daughters, my daughter and her boyfriend. When we were taken to our table no one tried to explain to us that we would not be served until we filled out our own order form and walked it to the front counter and placed our order. A very different procedure but it would have been nice if someone told us how things worked there instead of us having to ask someone about the lack of service.
I chose to order an appetizer. Mozza balls wrapped in procutto. ( sorry for the spelling ). What I received was six balls about the half size of a golf ball. This was swimming in a tomato sauce which over powered the taste of everything else. All for close to $19.00. Wow. Disappointing .
Next I ordered a spicy Thai chicken pizza and my wife ordered the BBQ chicken pizza. The crust was nice and thin and the toppings were generous and unique on the Thai pizza ( bean sprouts, carrots and peanut sauce ). Unfortunately they were both very bland and required chili peppers and more cheese to pick the taste up. There was other food brought for the rest of my family but we were not extravagant at all with two small girls and their parents.
To sum it up, I felt our $125.00 bill was very over priced for the average fare we received.

1  Thank Bob C
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

The pizza here is good. It's a lot thinner than the average Greek style pizza. Usually my girlfriend and I order an entire pizza to ourselves. It's made extremely fast and therefore doesn't always have a lot of ingredients on it. But we still enjoy it.
At the end of our mean we sometimes buy their cineplex movie tickets because it saves us a few dollars off our admission making for a great date and affordable date night.

1  Thank Kyle D