“Worth the wait”

Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria
Ranked #522 of 3,599 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Famoso is a casual pizzeria serving authentic Neapolitan pizzas made with high quality ingredients in a domed Italian oven. Ideal for a quick lunch or a night out. Enjoy with wine, cocktails and beer.
“Worth the wait”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

The food is amazing and delicious! The atmosphere is unique and friendly with a great sense of community. The drinks are expensive though. The food came quickly. The staff was really friendly!

Only bit of complaint I have is that when we came we were told the wait would be ten to fifteen minutes and we waited for about an hour. The food and atmosphere was still worth the wait though!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Worldismyoyster22

Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
“"San Andreas" is unbeatable”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This is the feedback I gave to Famoso:

"First of all I have to point out that as a born and raised European I very much appreciate that there is finally a place where I can enjoy an almost original Italian Pizza!

But one of your employees definitely deserves an extra bonus! I am only a client in your Calgary branch (4th Street) once a week and today for the fourth time. But this employee already at the second time greeted me with my name – what is really not easy - and today she added: "Again a "San Andreas" today?"

This is absolutely impressive and client service from its best! And it is totally embarrassing for me, that I don't know her name ... Please acknowledge this fantastic client experience.

Sincerely,"

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank DemandingGuest1
Calgary
“We continue to return!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We have referred friends here and they are happy. One of our friend's from Paris says that it is now her favourite pizza in Calgary. Order the artichoke with olives pizza as we like it if you like artichokes and olives. The tiramasu is okay. I love the Famoso gelato. I go out of my way to have this gelato in Calgary. We still prefer the pizza at Mama Rosa's in Kelowna to Famoso or Pomo in Scottsdale but when in Calgary we do continue to return here. I do not gain as much weight from thin crust but it is not as filling. The dough is a bit chewier than my husband likes but still not bad of a pizza place. Have the meatballs with cheese inside as they are very good.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank diningprincess
“Yumo”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I think this is the year of the pizza for us...with all the fabulous pizza joints opening up around town we are finding experimentation with pizza's currently high on our list of wants. Plus the kidlets LOVE pizza.

Tonight's visit to Famoso really exceeded any and all expectations we had going in. The customer service was exceptional. Since there was a short wait, and our kids do not do well waiting we were offered seating in the downstairs part of the restaurant. I went to check it out first and was quite surprised. Quaint, bright, surrounded by oodles of wine bottles and the food network playing on the tv (lol). While it wasn't as bright as upstairs, it also wasn't as noisy. We also had a waitress take our order opposed to upstairs where you have to take your order to the counter, yourself. So win win and a good start to our Famoso experience.

The pizza's were a decent price and they also offered kid sized pizza's.

I've had pizza in Italy and the pizza we had tonight was very much like my Italian experience. After sharing a Caesar salad with hubs, I had the prosciutto/arugula pizza (hubs had all meat) and the kids were simpletons ordering both a cheese & a pepperoni pizza. All the food came quick and our hostess & waitress both went out of their way with their service. We enjoyed everything so much we ordered dessert (a rarity for us). I had the salted caramel gelato, the kids each received gelato as part of their meal and just to be different hubs had the tiramisu (he said it was good but mine was better - lol).

This is most definitely a family friendly place and they certainly cater to the kids...(kids were given special drink cups and allowed to take them home n/c). Even the darn coffee was good.

I can't find any cons about Famoso's. Both hubs and I were very impressed with everything, my young boy advised "he liked it down here" and my daughter indicated "this place rocks".

Famoso's gets high marks in our books and we will be back soon!

• Visited July 2012
Calgary, Canada
“Awesome People, Wonderful Food”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I surprised my wife for a 20th Wedding Anniversary with 22 other people. Sara Lynn from the get go was wonderful to deal with. She was very accommodating, friendly and most of all professional.
Come party day, we were greeted with a very cordial welcome in a very enticing atmosphere. I ordered their feast package for 20 people. So we were excited to see what comes with my choices.
The salads and tapenades were simply sumptuous and delicious.
We were impressed that Sara Lynn came down to address any allergy issues without me telling her as I simply forgot. Kudos to her for that.
All the servers were professional and cordial but our main server Shea was such a delight to have. She is very patient with us, friendly, funny and nice. What more can I say...oh the pizza..
What can I say but outstanding pizza. I've been to Naples myself and really brought me back to the time I tasted those pizzas in Naples, Italy. I am more than happy that my guests were awed and enjoyed the taste, quality and for the totally different experience.
My wife can’t get enough of the surprise party I pulled off and Famoso contributed a lot to that.
Give it a try and I am sure it will not disappoint you.

• Visited July 2012