“Excellent”

Cuisines: Canadian, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Had a light dinner and brew here. Was very tasty and reasonably priced. Staff were excellent too and good sorts .

1  Thank Nathaen M
There are newer reviews for Hudsons Canadian Tap House

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I have been in Calgary for over a month and have dined at Hudson's 4x now. It is a great place downtown with a lively atmosphere. The service is friendly and food is great. They have accommodated 1 group of 50 I was with in their back dining area and the next 3x we went as a group of 8-10. No negatives about this joint!

1  Thank SlickNEO
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Bar was empty when we arrived but slowly filled up with everyone leaving work. Beer selection is decent but not great compared to other offerings in the city and the immediate area. Food was good, able to handle large parties without slowing of service.

1  Thank wick1979
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I've been here a few times while in town and always find the service to be well done - Jeff was the bar man on during our last visit, and I felt like I was visiting an old friend...

Their beers on tap are a nice cross section, and I was able to try a few of their own brand before settling on the lager. My companion had a Guinness and later a Bale House Ale, both of which were fresh and served properly (they fill the glasses right to the top - thanks!)

We had the shepherds pie (small but tasty serving, came with a side) and a dinner size spring mix salad, which was great and full of cranberries and other tasties. Service for food was a bit slow but we were sitting at the bar and didn't notice...

Not a sports person myself, but there are TV's EVERYWHERE so I'm guessing it rocks when there are sports on!

1  Thank marymcd
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I have been going to Hudsons for lunch for months now. The staff are friendly remember you and what you prefer to drink, Sauv Blanc for me. Although I have always enjoyed the pub style food, burgers are excellent, clubhouse great, appi's all good. I was pleasantly surprised this week when I went for lunch with a friend only to discover a new menu. They have amped up the menu in many ways, new ap's, a fantastic Montreal Smoked Meat Sandwiche which I had, it was just right on toasted marble rye. Gone are the baskets of ketchup, utensils and other items. More of a urban service now.

Cudo's to Hudsons for kicking it up a few notches, not just one. Can't wait to go back and check out some other new items.

2  Thank jim-in-alberta