“Great Hospitality. Bravo Micheline”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calgary
City View Bed And Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 55 Calgary B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We spent almost two weeks at the City View B&B and can't recommend it highly enough. The other reviews do an excellent job of praising the B&B's location. However, for us, the best part of the stay was Micheline, the host. She really made us comfortable- like we were visiting a long-lost relative or friend, We enjoyed the stay so much that we are planning to return for the Stampede.

Room Tip: The rooms on the second floor with the balconies have a great view and lots of light. The basement...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Paul H
There are newer reviews for City View Bed And Breakfast

Reviewed August 9, 2013

My partner and I stayed at City View B&B for one night as it is situated a stones throw from Calgary Stampede Grounds where we were seeing the band, Queens of the Stone Age playing. What a fantastic experience! The room was modestly appointed and very clean and overall, the stay was very good value. The breakfast of fruit, pancakes and bacon were most welcome after a night out. Micheline was a very friendly host and most knowledgeable of the area. We didn't find the plastic sheeting under the mattress an issue as listed by other reviews, even though my wife is a very light sleeper.

The flooding in Calgary washed away one of the smaller pedestrian bridges that connected City View B&B to Calgary Stampede, but it is only a small detour to get across to the city. Calgary seems to be doing a great job of recovering. Not even our concert was washed out, to our great relief.

If you enjoy craft beers and good restaurant, there are some excellent venues (Craft is beer heaven) within a 25min walk further into the city from CS. There is also a 7/11 and family restaurant within a 5 min walk for more convenience.

Thanks Micheline, for making us feel so comfortable. We wish we could stay longer.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Liam C
Reviewed August 1, 2013

One of the best B&B we ever went in.
A charming and very helpful hostess, hearty and high quality breakfast, large and very well furnished room, all located within walking diistance of the city center on a hill overlooking it as well as the Satmpede Park!

Room Tip: One room is a basement room, the other 2 have a gorgeous city view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jft3875
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Quirky, chaotic, welcoming, fun, strange - City View Guest House is all those things and more.
We wanted to experience guest house accomodation on our tour of Canada and we choose City View Guest House because it looked slightly different, had stunning views of the cityscape, and of Calgary stampede ground, and was close enough to town to walk.
We didn't realise it also incorporated the quirky personality of our lovely hostess Micheline and this made it stand out from other places we visited. Hailing from Quebec, Micheline has brought an eclectic mix of furniture and ornaments into her home which brought comments of "ooohhh look at that" or alternatively "what in the name is that?"
We had two doubles booked with our room on the first floor and the other at ground level - which could have been claustrophobic but for a little seating area outside.
Our room at first floor level was large with a balcony but filled full of 'stuff' which kind of restricted where you could put things.
The bed was super kingsize and the room also had a desk, chairs, a fridge , a microvave and tea and coffee making facilities.
All fine but also had an array of clutter and ornaments which we could have without. THe biggest bug bear was the polythene cover on the mattress which not and made us wonder about the type of clientele they must attract if they have to have to put this on the mattress. It made for an uncomfortable sleep on a warm night.
On the plus side you will never get a better location for the stampede, the place is fascinating, the food is interesting and the hostess absolutely charming and she will go out her way to make your stay a good one.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank AhrleneFerguson
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed in City View bed and breakfast twice, firstly on November 2011 and secondly for a attending the Calgary’s Global Petroleum Show on June 2012.

The room I occupied in November 2011 was very well furnished with en suite bathroom(shower), and TV. It was the smallest room of the B&B, even though the space was properly arranged.
In June 2012, I was accommodated in the second house held by Micheline, at around 300 meters down to the street. This time, the bedroom was on the basement, with bathroom shared with others guests.

Comfort and utilities provided by the house were sufficient for my needs.
During this stay, I had the opportunity to meet people working on the oil industry and attending to the global Petroleum show, that enabled me to build my own professional network too.

The both trips I had in Alberta were different, however I really appreciated staying in City View B&B for diverse reasons, the emplacement of B&B is not far away from Calgary downtown,
I took around 25 minutes by walk to get there, secondly the place is very quiet and lastly, as a native French speaker, it was very convenient to ask Micheline advices regarding practical information’s (cars renting, etc..) as well as places worthwhile in Calgary’s surrounding…

I found the ratio price versus offer very competitive for Calgary and on the top of that, Ken’s breakfasts are very plentiful!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Renaud H
Reviewed May 25, 2013

This was my first visit to Calgary and first time ever staying in a B&B, it was a great experience! Couldn’t have asked for anything better!
The location was great, the rooms were so nice and comfortable and the hospitality provided by Micheline was just perfect. She has thought of practically everything you might need and she does everything to make your stay comfortable and easy. She makes you feel at home. Thanks you Micheline for taking such good care of your guests!
If I have chance to visit Calgary again, I’ll undoubtedly stay in Calgary city view. I already miss everything of the place.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank hind i
Reviewed November 15, 2012

The missus and I were going to Calgary for the Neil Young concert and wanted to find an affordable place to stay close to the Saddledome. City View fit the bill. We stayed in the Sunfire Room, which was wonderful- King Size bed, gas fireplace, fridge, microwave, HUGE clawfoot bathtub, private entrance- the only critiques I would make are the fact that no toiletries (i.e. soap/shampoo) are provided (although to be fair, we just assumed that they would be, and ya know what they say about assuming) and the private entrance is a glass door with no curtains; someone walking or driving past the building could clearly see into the room- something to keep in mind if you're planning a romantic evening...
The brekkie was excellent: whole what pancakes with fruit & whipped cream w/ bacon. Cooked by Micheline herself, and really provided a homey atmosphere.
Micheline and Ken are great hosts (being a B & B manager myself I can certainly appreciate what they do) and they have definitely done themselves proud with the City View. We'll be back next time we're in Calgary for sure!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple