“Don't bother”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
“Don't bother”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I've been to several different locations and keep trying again because the concept is great. The food..... not so much. It doesn't taste very good at all. It's overpriced to boot.

“Expensive”
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Expensive fast food with small portion. I am not a big eater but need to have 2 main course. Food is salty with quite a bit of soy sauce. Very pricy. Won't go back.

“Well...”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

It's ok. Not asian enough to satisfy an asian, and not white enough to satisfy a non-asian. Still, worth it for the odd snack.

“Meh, nothing special...”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

We had a long appointment at our new home being built in the N/W and we were starving so I thought we would give Wok Box another try. I tried it in Ontario 2 summers ago and was sooo less than impressed so we have avoided it. It was a new business though at the time and I thought we could try it again this evening as I really WANT to like it. I will be living around the corner from there soon and I find the advertised fare to be a lot healthier than your average pizza joint. So in we went. Limited seating, not very busy, clean, nice lighting. These were my initial observations. I really wanted red coconut curry with shrimp and ordered this without hesitation. My spouse asked staff what the most popular dish was on the menu and he went with their response; Singapore cashew chicken on thick noodles (hokkien noodles). The staff was.... well, rigid is how I would like to put it. Professional but fun or funny or even friendly - rigid. We were told to have a seat and the food did come out fairly quickly. My bowl had 2 big globs of steamed rice (slightly overcooked) and a brownish sauce and some smallish shrimp and veg semi covering the rice. Let me tell you, I have had better. I did not even taste coconut and it was not a creamy warm you up kind of meal with a deep curry taste. My husband liked his dish, he said he certainly "wouldn't kill for it" but even at that, his bowl was better than mine. His had thick noodles I normally would not like but the tangy sauce on them was quite OK. The chicken was well cooked in his also but overall he just was not crazy about the combo. We split an iced tea and the meal was $25. TOO much dough for this fast food version of Thai style food. I cannot say I will never be back but I am going to order more carefully next time.

• Visited January 2012