“The New location is even better!”
Review of The Rock

The Rock
Ranked #238 of 3,552 Restaurants in Calgary
Calgary, Canada
“The New location is even better!”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

As a fan of this restaurant since it's beginnings in NE Calgary, I can't say enough about this place. Chef Swandri and his wife, Jaqueline are great hosts. The food is always top-notch and there is always a wonderful surprise with Swandri's specials. It's very unassuming, but don't walk by the rock without stopping in to try something. Everything is made fresh on the spot, including the deserts, and the menu has a range from (delicious) burgers all the way up to duck Marsala. The Rock Spicy Pork Burger is a must have! The new location for 2014 is 1446 17 Ave SW. Parking in the rear is your best bet and there is a rear entrance as well. www.therockcalgary.com

• Visited January 2014

Banff, Canada
“The best of the best!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Great Prices, fantastic beer samplers and amazing drink specials!

This is our third time here in the last two months.

I have to say I am pretty much sold on this restaurant... the service is great and the food is phenomenal.

They hand toss their own pizzas and the cheeseburger wrap it to die for!

They also offer gluten free options... What else can you ask for?

Highly recommend to anyone!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Gazpacho16
Medicine Hat, Canada
“Really great food!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My daughter and son-in-law chose this place, for its wood fired oven pizza. It was delicious, there were many choices of toppings that included things like carmalized onions and blue cheese, so you could put together your own pie or choose from a list of the restaurant's combinations. I have say I tried some of the "Elvis Sighting" pasta and it was by far the est pasta I have ever eating. A fun place for lovers of pizza and rock music!

• Visited March 2013
“Wow!! Incredible find!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The Rock is a small restaurant in a kind of run down strip mall called Vista Landing near Marlborough Mall. When you walk in the aromas of all good things cooking envelope you and Jacqueline, who is married to Swandri, the chef, welcomes you with a big smile. They are a delightful couple that love to engage with their customers to make them feel at home. The service is quick and personal.
My daughter and I have eaten here several times and each time we have raved over our meals. I took my friend, a corn chowder aficionado, & she proclaimed theirs was the best she had ever eaten. I love the shrimp burger; the relish is incredible. And the house salad is to die for. And if the woman across from me had left earlier, I would have licked my plate after eating my steak. I have never been able to eat dessert as I am too full to indulge but, from what I have seen, they look decadent.
This restaurant is quite the find. Don’t let the strip mall dismay you, I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

• Visited February 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Great burgers for lunch”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I work in the neighborhood and we'll often go here for lunch. They make great burgers and fresh cut fries. The service is great as well.

• Visited September 2012