“Gritty steamed clams”

Cuisines: Canadian
Calgary, Canada
“Gritty steamed clams”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We had a company function here and the servers handled our large group quite well. At about 9 pm the music was cranked and we could no longer chat with each other since it was so loud. I ordered the steamed clams and nearly broke a tooth hitting small pebbles... Not just one, but several. Perhaps I've lucked out in the past, but I've never encountered that before. The drinks were mixed well and we had a good time overall.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Laurinska

Calgary, AB
“This is what a gastropub should be like!”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I have no idea why Dobson's Restaurant & Bar isn't jam packed all day, every day. This wonderful place right on Macleod Trail serves quality food, made from scratch using locally sourced, sustainable ingredients. My wife and I dropped by for lunch and were thoroughly impressed.We shared the charcuterie and the steak bites, appetizers that were flavourful and more than enough for a quick lunch. The service was friendly and prompt. We'll be back.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Matm0ns
“Unexpected gem”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Excellent food. Keg and Cactus Club losing customer service. This is right beside keg. Food local, hormone free. They can deal with any food sensitivities. O & the service and food are both great

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Bad”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

My daughter had a little steak with her fat sandwich, and they explained to her that strip loin has a fatty side to it. Flatbread was below average and the beans in my Caesar tasted like you'd expect dirty dishwater to taste. The service was disgraceful!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Laurie M
Calgary, Canada
“Ideal Group Setting”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

This is a great spot for a larger group to meet. They were very good at setting up a location for us to meet that provided privacy for the group to talk with no noise or interruptions from other patrons!
I was impressed with the meal and the pricing is very reasonable.

• Visited March 2012