“Amazing ” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #29 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Edmonton
“Amazing ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel because we had a layover in Calgary. Staff was amazing, room was clean and hotel all in all wonderful! We thought about walking across the street to the moxies but opted for the hotel restaurant - it was amazing!! Food was a great value and very well priced. One of the chefs came over and asked us how our meal was and what can be improved. Beautiful hotel book here if you need something close to the airport!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Korean first
edmonton, ab
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

We got the "large 2 bed room" which cost the same as the regular- it was lovely and spacious, the inroom facilities were lovely- nice wardrobe and large closet (ps Hair dryer hangs in a bag in the wardrobe). The room was very quiet. The front desk and bistro staff were very helpful, professional, friendly and accomodating. The included breakfast was nice, not a lot of selection, but the ones they had were lovely (very fresh fruit, yogurt, freshly made french toast, etc) Coffee and tea selections are from Starbucks.

Room Tip: We were close to the elevator, but not next to it- and it was very quiet. Allow time for breakfast...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Nanaimo, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

I was only in the hotel for one night on a business trip, but I wished I could have stayed longer just to enjoy the hotel. The decor is lovely, my room was beautiful as well as clean and comfortable. The very large shower was a delight. The bed was super soft and comfortable, especially appreciated after a long work day. I will definitely stay here again when I am in the area.

Richmond, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

The people who work at this property know how challenging it can be to travel for work, and try to stay relaxed and organized. The morning breakfast was well laid out. The staff in the entire property were helpful. It was great to not have to pay for parking. The room was QUIET! I could get my work done, sleep well, and connect to the internet very easily. I needed a microwave, and it was provided within a 1/2 hour of arriving. I highly recommend this property for business travel.

London, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

I had to travel to Calgary, AB for a funeral I chose this hotel based on the reviews. It is a nice hotel with a great location, BUT my room was close to the elevator, which made a loud noise regularly. I arrived very late due to a delayed flight. I was woken up about four hours later by an annoying noise that sounded like an alarm going off. It kept going every few minutes. I mentioned it to the staff and they said they would check the rooms next to mine, in case a guest had unintentionally left the alarm clock on snooze. That day, I went to the funeral, family gatherings, etc. and arrived at my room late that night. I was exhausted, and had gotten into bed, when I started hearing the alarm again. Not wanting to change rooms in the middle of the night, I got what sleep I could. I mentioned it again to the staff when I checked out. They gave me two free water bottles for my troubles. Although the Marriott Hotel Chain is famous for their good facilities, they apparently don't care if their guests are comfortable in their stay. I was extremely disappointed with my experience there.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
AC-AGM, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Calgary Airport, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear Davlonmusic,

Thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Calgary Airport and for proving us with feedback regarding your stay. I am sorry to read that your visit with us was due to a funeral, please accept my condolences. I do understand that your stay was below your expectation and I would like to personally apologize for the noise concerns and our inability to provide you with a comfortable stay.
I am very disappointed with our attempt to effectively respond to the noise concerns and even more disappointed in the manner in which we attempted to resolve your concerns. This is certainly not typical of our service recovery and I will be discussing this with the team to ensure that they are better prepared to address guest concerns.
Davlonmusic, I would like to speak with you to address your concerns in a satisfactory manner and restore your faith in Marriott. Please contact the hotel and request to speak with the Assistant General Manager. I look forward to speak with you.

Anthony
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

This property was booked last minute on our way to Cancun from Vancouver. Like all other Marriott Properties I have stayed at recently, the Professional Guest Service Staff upon arrival exceeded my expectations. My son and I arrived early and a room was made available immediately.
The rooms were clean, comfortable and all basic needs provided.

The property has a nice restaurant and a take out station if you wish to purchase food to go.

Complimentary breakfast was provided however we didn't have the opportunity to dine as flight was departing early. We asked if we could have something to go and we were provided with tea/coffee, muffins, yogurt and a piece of fruit.

Shuttle service to airport was also complimentary. For unknown reason the shuttle was full and we were provided with a paid cab fare to airport.

The Staff in my opinion went above and beyond and as I said, exceeded my expectations. I would recommend this property and would stay at property again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

I had business appointments near this hotel. It was perfect for that and airport connections. The shuttle was prompt with a friendly driver. The room was basic, but very comfortable. The rate was very reasonable. The staff was very friendly. I would stay here again.

1 Thank Vincent M