“Excellent!!!”

Courtyard by Marriott Calgary Airport
Ranked #40 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I have stayed here for two nights on my recent trip to Calgary, and undoubtedly one of the best Courtyard Marriotts I have ever stayed. Hotel was beautiful, and clean. Room was clean, and spacious; and the bathroom was very big with a nice tub. Lounge has computers where you can take printouts for maps, directions, etc. Staff was very friendly. Saurabh, and Gaurav go above and beyond to help you with the place, restaurants, etc. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ramu_01

Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I had a one night stay for work and while I usually stay on the Residence side of this property, thought I'd try the Courtyard. Service was excellent, rooms were nicely laid out (new) and the lounge and coffee / bistro bar was a great addition (excellent place to work). If you're staying in this area I think this property has the nicest lounge and morning coffee set-up of all the local hotels so if you're looking for a casual, new and quiet place to stay and get some work done, this is an outstanding choice. I think it has access to the central pool and fitness area which are also the best I've seen in all the area hotels.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Jedavan
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Stayed at the Courtyard Calgary Airport for three nights while in Calgary on business. Newer hotel with nice new courtyard bistro lobby concept offering breakfast, lunch and bar. Hotel staff are very friendly and efficient, remember you by last name which is always nice.

Hotel rooms are new with the usual comfortable Marriott beds. Good wifi throughout the hotel whether in the room or lobby. Great staff at the bistro and the food was exceptional in my opinion.

Not walking distance to many other restaurants but there is a Moxie's across the street at the Sandman hotel.

Overall thought this was good value for Calgary which still has a very busy hotel market. Will definitely stay here again when in town.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Stinger55
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Clean modern rooms, nice/roomy shower, comfortable bed, quiet, great customer service, complimentary airport shuttle. 15 min to airport by shuttle which must be prearranged at front desk prior to time needed.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank ranishi
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We were guests of the hotel for one night after United Airlines obliged us to make an unplanned and unwelcome stop in Calgary. We arrived at Calgary airport well after midnight without a lodging reservation and used the airport’s hotel reservation line to find a room.

The hotel confirmed that it would send a shuttle at no charge to collect us at a designated location at the terminal. After waiting well beyond the time represented for the shuttle to arrive, we called the hotel who claimed the driver could not locate us despite us being in plain view. Points lost. However, the hotel offered to pay for a cab to get us to the hotel. Some points redeemed.

We were advised that the hotel is approximately a year old. Our room was an acceptable size with decent bedding and a good size flat screen on a swivel. The bathroom was well lit and although it had little in the way of toiletries- not even a shower cap- the shower was large with great pressure. There was a single serve Cusinart coffee maker with complimentary coffee.

There is a cafe restaurant where we had breakfast the following morning that serves some light hot meals, sandwiches, muffins, etc. as well as Starbuck’s coffee and some alcohol. Booths are equipped with built-in TVs, a really nice touch, and complimentary newspapers are on offer. Additionally, there is a full service restaurant which is open for lunch and dinner. For late arrivals, the hotel offers a large snack bar in the lobby, including frozen entrees and soups that can be heated in the public microwave.

Public areas and our room appeared to be spotlessly clean.

Although we did not see it, we understand that the hotel offers a gym.

Return complimentary shuttle service to the airport is on the hour beginning at 3:45 am.

We would definitely return if we require a hotel close to the airport for an overnight stay. It is certainly not a high end hotel, but of this genre, it is one of the very best we have encountered.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2013

The best Marriott Courtyard at which I have ever stayed! The staff was friendly and made me feel welcome from the moment I walked in the door. The restaurant was better than any Courtyard I have stayed at because clearly the food was prepared and not just thrown in the microwave. My room was spacious and the perfect place to unwind after a long drive. It is so convenient to take the shuttle to/from the airport. I received two personal notes from the staff which was totally unnecessary but a very nice touch. Thanks!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank I_Prefer_To_Fly_Home
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stayed here for the second time, although I've put my family here half a dozen times when they visit my son in Calgary. Its a well planned hotel with a lot of thought put into guest needs. This time we had breakfast included on our package and the staff were excellent and we had an amazing time.

One negative experience was they missed cleaning one of our rooms. When I complained, I got a poor response and had to ask for towels at least. No apology, let alone price adjustment. Funny thing is, it happened to my room last year as well and I had the same response then too. I like everything else though and don't need service for a second night so I'll probably keep them on my list of preferred hotels but next time I'll just have to harass the staff in advance to ensure I get a clean room.

Despite this, I'll still recommend them and pretend that never happened.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dhoom13
Richard M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. I was happy to see that you are a return customer and that you have enjoyed our product and service. I apologize for our service failure in cleaning your room and that we did not respond to you appropriately when you advised us of this issue. We strive to meet and exceed our customer’s expectations and obviously failed in this regard on this occasion. As a result of your feedback we have reviewed our procedures and provided training to avoid this situation in the future
I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly on this matter and ask that you contact me directly at the following number (403) 238 1000 ext 8400. Thank you for your business and for bringing this matter to our attention.
Richard, General Manager