“Excellent Airport Hotel!”

Ranked #33 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Rossland, Canada
“Excellent Airport Hotel!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Our flight arrived in the late evening, and since we had an 8 hour drive home, we decided to stay here overnight. I selected it based on reviews, and also price (since we really only needed a place to sleep), and couldn't have been more pleased with our choice.
We were very tired after a long travel day, so it was particularly nice to have such pleasant desk staff greet us, We found the customer service of everyone we dealt with at the hotel excellent.
The restaurant was closing shortly after we arrived, but we were able to get a dinner order in and then go down and pick it up...the food was actually very well prepared and delicious.
The décor and the cleanliness of the room was great, and the bed was super comfortable. The room was also sound proof, and we had a very peaceful and relaxing sleep!
I would high recommend this place for airport stays, and even for Calgary stays if you have a way to get in to the City.

Room Tip: We went with the studio room (the least expensive) since we were just there for 1 night, and found i...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank edesem123

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Regina, Canada
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My wife and myself went to Calgary for a couples weekend. We gave stayed at other Residence Inns, but really liked this one! Room was well appointed and quiet. Location was great for us as we were going downtown and out to crossiron mills. Fitness centre and pool were easy to access with lots of windows for natural light and views. Fitness centre was well equipped, but alas, no hottub. Our only issue was our heating system. For some reason the unit would not cool down and the fan ran all night. We did not contact the front desk though until checkout, so they may have been able to resolve it. Breakfast in the am was quite good and varied. Overall a top notch facility!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KenHinSask1
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I'm a little belated in writing this review, but sometimes it's better late than never. My husband, myself and our two children stayed here for one week at the end of November when relocating from Texas to Calgary. We had a one bedroom suite with a fold-out couch and view on the airport side. The substantial kitchen (full sized fridge, etc) and its amenities (dish soap, dishwasher tablet, paper towels, toaster, dishes etc.) were exactly what we needed as we were using the hotel as a second home for that week. I must mention that every day house cleaning visited while I was there with my kids and each housekeeper I met was extremely friendly and kind. The room was always clean. Breakfast was excellent and the breakfast staff exceptionally friendly and most especially sweet with our kids.

The front desk staff would be the exception. Not very friendly, lacking in smiles, eye contact, and considering we were at the hotel for a week, you would think you would receive a friendly hello or at bare minimum a glance, every time we passed, but no, from no one except one woman. I don't understand the front desk overall snotty attitude as they are the point of first contact with all guests!! How is it that the house cleaning and breakfast staff, who undoubtedly have more exhausting jobs, can manage to be so friendly? This should be addressed by management.

Regardless of the reception of staff at the front desk, we felt comfortable here for our first week in Calgary and were much relieved. It's a pricey hotel, but my husband's company reimbursed us so this was not something we were concerned about at the time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Butterfly_n1
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Simply put this is a great hotel for a person that travels a lot! Check in was easy and I arrived at 10 am with no problem getting my room early- bonus points there. Staff at the front were very friendly. The rooms are clean and well maintained. The beds are very comfortable and the showers are ideal for a tall person. The gym is better than average with up to date equipment, all in working order and good air flow (for those who workout you know what I mean). There is a starbucks in the lobby and free wifi throughout the hotel. The bar closes early but they are still accommodating. If I remember her name it may have been Angie and she went above and beyond to make sure our table was looked after. I only ate during a conference lunch and the food was great, no complaints. I would stay again and again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

Reserved online with points. Check in was smooth and front desk staff were friendly and accommodating. The hotel is less than 3 years old with a clean and modern feel.

We had a room facing the airport to the north with even some wildlife visible that evening. The room was very spacious and new. The bathroom was modern with granite and marble tiles.

We did not use them, but the gym and spa were both large and had lots of equipment available. There was also laundry available which was on the third floor. We had a 6th floor room, which is the top floor, and it was very quiet.

We had to check out early for a 6 am flight an we're too early for breakfast, but we let the front desk staff know and they provided us with multiple yogurt parfaits and muffins, very nice!

Wifi and parking, as well as breakfast, we're all complimentary.

Highly recommended for proximity to airport but not much else goof on near the area.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My only regret is that I was only in the room for about 10 hours. It was well situated for where I needed to be the next day. The shuttle service was prompt and very friendly. The hotel and room was well appointed and I had tons of space. I couldn't have been happier with my short stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Edmonton
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We absolutely loved our stay at this hotel. We were upgraded to a suite before we arrived and we ended up in a wheelchair accessible unit on the main floor with two bedrooms and two bathrooms, a kitchen and a living area. The room was absolutely perfect for someone in a wheelchair, complete with a wheel-under sink, wheel-in shower, built-in shower bench, grab bars by the toilet and even a wheel-under sink in the kitchen. The airport shuttle was not wheelchair accessible, so the hotel graciously offered to pay for us to take a wheelchair accessible cab to and from the airport. We stayed at this hotel for one night on our way to Mexico and one night on the way back and the hotel offered us free parking for two weeks. The night we arrived, we were surprised to find out that the hotel was hosting a complimentary dinner for all of the guests and the food was great. Both times we stayed, they offered a complimentary hot breakfast. The staff we encountered at the front desk, the bell staff, the management and the breakfast staff were all extremely pleasant and helpful. The room was very clean. I wish I could have stayed at this hotel longer. We had a fantastic experience and will definitely be back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family