“Very Good”

Ranked #1,963 of 3,725 Restaurants in Calgary
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed April 11, 2013

You can get take out here or sit down and have them serve you, but I believe the prices are a bit higher if you sit down and order off of the menu...don't quote me on that, I personally have only ever ordered cafeteria style and sat down.

Usually get the chicken swarma (sp) and it has always been delicious. They have a great selection of toppings and condiments for the donairs and pita wraps.
Last time I tried one of the lunch special platters, I believe it was a lamb curry and an eggplant curry that I tried over rice and potatoes. Both were very tasty and did not disappoint. One day I would love to try their samosas and sweets.

Lunch is usually around the $10 mark.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

They have a GREAT selection of arabic food dishes like your typical donairs, shish kababs, meat and veggie pies.

Our third visit and we still love the food..

2  Thank ShinDao
Reviewed July 30, 2012

They have a decent selection of arabic food dishes like your typical donairs, shish kababs, meat and veggie pies. They make a nice plate for shish kababs with hommous, garlic sauce, greek style salad and rice. They also have some hot stews available, but most are swimming in tomato sauce if you like that. Take out is good.
Now they have argili, or shisha for smoking. Not great ventilation, but this is mostly ordered in the evening so if you are planning on sitting in then lunch and early evening should be ok.
An average place to go if you need some arabic food.

1  Thank Carol k
Reviewed January 12, 2012

We visited for Lunch and chose to eat in the restaurant. The food took a bit of time to arrive but was well worth the wait. Everything was fresh and the meat was grilled to perfection. The menu is extensive and we will certainly be back to sample other items!

1  Thank DerFotograf
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Close to the PLC hospital, this little place is well known in the medical/police services circle as fabulous place for lunch or dinner. There are booths available for a dining-in option or take out service is also available. The only thing I have tried on the menu thus far is the chicken shawarma which is so awesome that I haven't had the desire to venture into other menu items except the baklava - which also doesn't suck at all either:) The menu is extensive and includes items such as falafel, kabobs, and donairs. There are many choices available for vegetarians. My favourite restaurant in this culinary category is/was Tazza in the Bridgeland district. Nevertheless, this place has me rethinking my ranking! In my opinion there has been an absence of good restaurants in this area of the city - Babylon Qithara is a very welcome addition! What's with the awkward waterfall?

1  Thank geminiRX