“We'll be back to Ox and Angela”
Review of Ox and Angela

Ox and Angela
Ranked #148 of 3,645 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: South American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between 4th Street & 5th Street SW
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Varied and delicious menu of small plates. Nice dining room, with open kitchen on one side, and a bar on the other. Subdued lighting, nice tables. Our servers were great. Cozy in the winter!

Everything we ordered was delicious. Be adventurous with the menu, you can't go wrong here!
What a treat in Calgary.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

The tapas were incredible! I especially liked the asparagus (with poached egg), the cauliflower, and the kale tapas. I'm not a fan of sausage and undercooked fish, as were others in my party, but I still got lots to eat by sticking to the veggie tapas. The waitress was very good - not overly obtrusive but still attentive. My only disappointment was the wine list. The choices for a glass of red wine were limited. All in all, I'd love to go back again soon.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Went here with my wife and a couple of friends November16th. The four of us split a spanish table (see the menu) for two and an order of paella, plus almonds, olives, etc. The food was excellent, the waitress was perfect, fantastic friendly attitude and always close by when we needed something & getting to try all the different courses on the spanish table was definitely the way to go.

Highly recommended, would definitely go back.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I simply love this restaurant. Great for a small group of friends or a date for two, this tapas style place is simply delicious. For the past two months they've had a "Spanish Table" - a variety of their best-sellers on the menu for $45 each. Some of my favourite items are the tomato bread, the paella, candied figs and cucumber salad. Two years ago they had a mixed-grill that was the best meat I've ever had in my life at a restaurant. Our favourite white wine, A.J Adam (Riesling) is also on the menu. Reserve a week ahead to ensure you get the sitting you want, and note that a max party of 6 will be taken for reservations. Enjoy!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Tapas are fantastic and I just love the atmosphere. Can be a bit pricey but is definitely well worth it.