“Average massage”

Apex Massage Therapy
Ranked #14 of 73 Spas & Wellness in Calgary
More attraction details
Owner description: Apex Massage Therapy Ltd is a group of well-educated massage therapists who care about their clients.Established in 1994, our team of Registered Massage Therapists are available 7 days a week to offer therapeutic, pregnancy, sports or couples massage.
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Average massage”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

I had my first appointment at Apex last week and liked the atmosphere of the spa, the friendly reception and the prices. I also loved that they displayed a sign that explains how they do not expect tips and it is the clients sole discretion to do so.
However, the room I had my massage in was very brightly lit up because the blinds on the large window let in far too much sunlight ( I don't like to feel like Im on display laying naked on the table). Also, there was no mirror in the room to primp after the massage.
I had scheduled a 1 hour massage and after waiting on the table for almost 10 minutes after undressing my RMT then started my massage almost 10 minutes late and finished at the scheduled end time. I would have expected the massage to last a whole hour. She was very friendly though and I felt at ease, even though half way through she seemed preoccupied with something for several minutes...I have no idea what, but you can tell when only one hand is massaging and strangely.
Im sorry for the poor review, as everyone was very friendly, but I think a few things could have been better.
I think I may go back again because the prices are great and the atmosphere and people were nice but ,maybe Ill request a better room and different RMT.

Visited February 2014
4 Thank Amanda P

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Simply the Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

My husband and I have been going to Apex since they were located in Kensington. We always have been very pleased with the service. Since they moved to the new location, I would say we are planning to go there for a very long time. Firstly, there is free street parking at the new location which is a huge improvement. Secondly, the staff (everyone of them) are just absolutely fantastic. Our favourite therapists - Stefan, Carla, Laura (and many others) are excellent in giving us a great massage. More importantly, they listen. They would ask every time what areas are bothering us and target on those specific areas instead of just giving us a generic massage. They would even give us suggestions on what exercises to do at home. In our opinion, they are much better than other more expensive spa. The problem is they get booked up quite quickly so we always have to book well in advance! :0)

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Mark_and_Rayto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Concerns of smart phone use during treatment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

Beautiful place, nice setting, would recommend to friends for sure.
Personal preferences:
#1 - Mirror set up in each room would be nice for grooming, making sure myself walking out of the room and "looking right" after treatment : ]
#2 - Meditation music is a must.
My concern:
Therapists use of smart phone - I would recommended each therapists should NOT having their phone with them in the room with customer during each therapy since the camera use is a very serious concern now a day!

Visited October 2013
4 Thank irene20131029
ApexMassageTherapy, Manager at Apex Massage Therapy, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Hi Irene,
Thanks for your feedback - it's a great opportunity for us to reflect and learn and grow.

We will be moving ahead with both your ideas!

We have a great team and we're happy you enjoyed the new clinic space and your treatment.

We have ordered new mirrors and will be reminding staff about client comfort concerns with using smartphones vs. using a camera-free device like an iPod.

Look forward to seeing you in the clinic again soon!
Best,
Adrienne
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Great massage”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Had a wonderful massage yesterday at Apex's new location. Great space - its looks awesome! Wonderful massage. I was skeptical as I had a male massage therapist (only skeptical because I've only ever had females) but it was great! Closer to my house now, so will be back more often!

Visited September 2013
Thanks Laura!
So glad to hear you like the new clinic - we are thrilled to have our whole team under one roof and to have had such a warm welcome from the neighbourhood. We're all still a bit giddy about the free street parking.

We really appreciate your support and always appreciate your feedback.
We will look forward to seeing you in the clinic again soon.
Best,
Adrienne
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Excellent Massage Therapists”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

We live in the neighbourhood so appreciate the walkability factor, and Kensington is a fun place to wander so the location makes for a good walk, along with an excellent massage. I have seen at least five different therapists over the past four years...all of them top notch. Friendly, professional, reasonable rates, good hours, with a strong "education component" as the therapists are eager to share stretches, tips, and recommendations for feeling better & stronger.

I still like visits to a "posh spa-like place" once in a while, but when I just want focused, therapeutic treatment, I highly recommend Apex.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Karen D
Thanks for the great review Karen!
It is so great to hear when a client enjoys their Apex massage. That's why we've chosen our profession is to help people. Look forward to seeing you in clinic soon.