“Excellent Massage Therapists” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Apex Massage Therapy

Apex Massage Therapy
Ranked #15 of 70 Spas & Wellness in Calgary
More attraction details
Owner description: Apex Massage Therapy Ltd is a group of well-educated massage therapists who care about their clients.Established in 1994, our team of Registered Massage Therapists are available 7 days a week to offer therapeutic, pregnancy, sports or couples massage.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Excellent Massage Therapists”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

We live in the neighbourhood so appreciate the walkability factor, and Kensington is a fun place to wander so the location makes for a good walk, along with an excellent massage. I have seen at least five different therapists over the past four years...all of them top notch. Friendly, professional, reasonable rates, good hours, with a strong "education component" as the therapists are eager to share stretches, tips, and recommendations for feeling better & stronger.

I still like visits to a "posh spa-like place" once in a while, but when I just want focused, therapeutic treatment, I highly recommend Apex.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Karen D
ApexMassageTherapy, Manager at Apex Massage Therapy, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thanks for the great review Karen!
It is so great to hear when a client enjoys their Apex massage. That's why we've chosen our profession is to help people. Look forward to seeing you in clinic soon.

Calgary, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Everyone at Apex is so knowledgeable and they are incredibly accommodating. You can tell that they really care about their clients.

Visited January 2013
Thanks Sandy,
We really appreciate your ongoing support of our local business.
Look forward to seeing you again soon!
Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“I've had better massages”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

I heard good things about Apex and have been there before with no regrets. But just this past weekend, I had someone new massage me. She had her 2200 hours so I thought she would be good. I was wrong - I really felt like the massage was worth $15. I felt she was a little hard when she commented to be on "stop moving your neck...let me move it" Couldn't believe it....Would never go back to the same person again!! I feel like I got ripped off! It's all about the massage therapist not really where you are going!

Visited December 2012
8 Thank Michelle407
Calgary
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Waste of Time and Money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

They claim that they are a great therapeutic massage company but my experience was quite the opposite. I specifically asked them not to use forearms during the massage because it does nothing for me. They ignore my request. On two occasions during the massage I asked them to apply a lot more pressure. Again, this was ignored. I walked out feeling as how I walked in. They didn’t even bother to look at the chart that they insisted that I fill in. On top of all this they started late and ended early. Completely unprofessional and amateur. Complete waste of time and money.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank CalgaryTasha
ApexMassageTherapy, Manager at Apex Massage Therapy, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thanks for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you did not receive a massage to meet your expectations.

We at Apex are committed to creating the best possible experience for our clients and client satisfaction is important to us. We are a group of 12+ RMTs working together.

Pressure during massage is adjusted and delivered differently to each client based on needs to be addressed, and some body areas can be better served by different techniques that RMTs train on.

Communication is key to ensuring you have the best massage experience, so please do let your therapist know before and during the massage if you have specific needs to be addressed or areas to be avoided. Or, question the technique if you feel forearms have not provided what you are looking for.

We have a management office that is also available to discuss any concerns or positive feedback, and we'd love to chat with you. Since this was your first and only experience, we would like to invite you back and make it right. Please contact the office at your earliest convenience - we'll get you the massage you deserve at your earliest convenience - and we can discuss how we'll make it right.

Adrienne
Office Manager, Apex Massage Therapy
403-270-7788
kensington@apexmassage.com
Calgary
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Best place for a really good therapeutic massage”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

Sometimes I've gone to spas for a massage and I come out thinking "that was nice, but it didn't do much for my muscles". Whereas the massage therapists I've seen at Apex have all been really professional, they find out the areas that I need work on, they make recommendations for stretches and things I should be doing on a regular basis. This is definitely the place for therapeutic massage, but it still feels like a relaxed pampering spa atmosphere. Prices are reasonable too.

Visited August 2012