“Simply perfect”

Neighborhood: Southwest Calgary
Calgary
“Simply perfect”
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

The minimalist style and the authenticity of the menu and vision is flawlessly French. The food is consistently good. A great night out with the girls.

Visited January 2014

Calgary, Canada
“Wonderful French Food”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My husband took me here for my birthday and I was not disappointed. Cassis is a cute little bistro with a cozy romantic atmosphere. When you walk into the doors, there is a vibrant buzz about the place that is very inviting. The server was very attentive and friendly. He helped us figure out what to get that night and helped us choose a wine. My husband got the market fish dish and I got the steak frites. My steak strips were amazing, with an absolutely wonderful mushroom sauce. My husband loved his fish and he is a person that hates fish (He only got the fish since he can't eat red meat). He said it was one of the best meals he has ever tasted. I can say the same about my meal too. I loved it from the first bite to the last. I also thought the portions were the right size. We got the cheese platter to share for starters and then got our entrees. By the time we finished our entrée, we didn't have room for dessert. At the end of our meal, we sat and chatted and, even though the restaurant was busy, we didn't feel pressured to leave, which I really liked. Overall, it was very romantic and a wonderful place for good authentic French food. I highly recommend this place and I will definitely be returning in the future.

• Visited December 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Fantastic Service!”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I just have to comment on how amazing the staff here was. We had the most incredible server - I wish I had taken down her name! The food...well, my table didn't love it. We all ordered different versions of the famous "Croque" family of sandwiches, and we weren't fans. But, regardless, the service was so top notch that we will try coming here again and just order something else.

• Visited November 2013
Bucerias, Mexico
“No restaurant can compare”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Our every dinning experience is compared to Cassis and we haven't yet found it's equal.
Just returned from Buenos Aires where the food is acclaimed but we still said "not as fresh or
flavourful as Cassis." Love this place!

• Visited November 2013
Calgary
“Amazing staff and food”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Cassis is not only a terrific casual place to meet friends or family but a perfect spot for a romantic dinner. They are always very friendly and accommodating and the food is superb and changed seasonally. I have yet to go when the Beaujolais has arrived but my next visit is never far away.

• Visited July 2013