“It was okay”

Los Chilitos Taco and Tequila House
Ranked #698 of 3,514 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Mont royal
“It was okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

This place was just okay. The food was okay and the venue was just okay. I have no real complaints but it was not amazing or even very good. I do no crave their tacos. I won't be back unless someone really really wants to go there.

• Visited April 2014

“Good food, nice patio”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

For lunch on one sunny day, myself and 2 coworkers relaxed on Los Chilitos' patio. The patio is great, facing out on busy 17th Avenue so there is much to observe. All three of us ordered the Burrito Mexicano with chicken. The food was great, and we especially liked that the burrito comes with 2 different yummy sauces. Awesome guacamole too! I tend to brag about my homemade guacamole...but theirs was just as good :o)

1 Thank Emjai2003
Calgary
“Tacos are tasty”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and I and another couple went to Los Chilitos recently for dinner. My husband had called in advance to ensure they had gluten free options. Two of us ordered a selection of tacos, which were very nicely prepared with different seasonings for each meat. One of the options was vegetarian, which was also tasty, though less seasoned. The additional sauces served with the meal added a bit of heat, and they were quite tasty and added more zip. My husband ordered the chill rellenos, which needed to be returned due to a side of tortilla chips that had been cooked in a fryer that gluten items had been cooked in. The kitchen staff were concerned about the problem, and made efforts to correct the situation, but could likely use more training in gluten free dining. We very much appreciated their attentiveness to the situation once we made them aware of it, however. The restaurant itself is small, so expect it to be noisy when tables are full inside. A few rough edges, but a pleasant meal.

1 Thank Joanne H
“Darn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

Darn the fish was sold out so my server recommended the pork and pineapple tacos. Very tasty with a nice warm salsa to accompany them. Stopped in for a quick bite and to do some paper work at lunch time. Great tacos and will go back soon to try the fish. All that's missing is a patio and a beach view.

1 Thank Grant L
“Always excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

Most of us have been to mexico. Its hard to find a good mexican restaurant. I always forget about this little restaurant on 17th. We went back again yesterday and again, it was amazing. The Enmoladas are simply delicious. As are many other dishes on the menu! They also make the best margaritas in the city! Like the ones made in the small mexican restaurants in mexico. Great service always. Nice ambiance, and for 60$. we had two large entrees and 2 double margaritas! Good value. The patio is great in the summer, and they have an excellent sunday brunch!

• Visited March 2014