“Not great”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mont royal
Reviewed March 14, 2013

At first glance this looked like it could be one of those wonderful hole-in-the-wall places with simple, excellent food. Nope. While the service was quick and super-friendly $13 is pretty pricey for enchiladas with very little filling and watery sauce served with goopy refried beans and lukewarm rice. My dad tried their pork burrito and said the pork was dry and pretty flavourless. I am still waiting for a great Mexican place in Calgary. So far the best one seems to be El Sombrero but come on Calgary, we can do better!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We were getting some bread at the Rustic Bakery and realized it was lunch time. So --- thought we would try out this restaurant right next door. It was excellent!
The service was friendly -- the beer was cold -- and the food was fresh and tasty . We had the Chicken Quesadillas and the mixed Enchiladas. There were some nachos and salsa that came with the quesadillas --- just spicy enough!

We will be back in the summer to try out the patio and the margaritas!

1  Thank Altius10
Reviewed February 25, 2013

On my search in Calgary for good mexican food. This might be the best, at least so far. I first had the soup at the farmers market. It was pretty good. Then we tried the caritas tacos at the 17th ave location. A little different than I expected but good anyways. A nice funky location. I am tempted by the fish bowl margaritas I saw at another table.

1  Thank smileyeye
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The Price is amazing!
The atmosphere is cozy.

Staff is knowledgeable and friendly.
The food is the best part. I love this place.

Don't waste time at places like Anejo

1  Thank Tommy B
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Los Chilitos is a wonderful little mexican restaurant. The food was pure authentic and the portions were huge. The assortment of Tequilas was impressive. Drinks are served in a glass or a fishbowl. Very fun. The price is reasonable and the service was good.

1  Thank kandy01011980