“Poor attitude”

Borgo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Beltline
Description: calgary. website tells it all.
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I have been to the restaurant several times in the past year. This evening we went early and got a great table. We waited for someone to notice and come and ask us about our drinks and explain the menu. The food arrived and when I complained about the appetizer being greasy which it was, the supervisor tried to argue that it was the way it was made. We never saw our waiter again, the service was cool and unfriendly. We were made to feel that we had done something wrong instead of just not appreciating the dish.
The venue is great but lacked graciousness. There is conpetition and Borgo should remember the costumer comes first.

2  Thank Margarida_12
There are newer reviews for Borgo

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Every time I have visited Borgo (four times now), I have been impressed with how great everything tastes. Pasta with sauce doesn't sound exciting, but they do it so well here and in so many varieties. On a recent visit, I ordered the steak and eggs, knowing they'd find a way to make that unique, and they did. It was perfectly seasoned and delicious.

The shared pasta dishes are all very flavourful. Service is friendly, efficient and the waiters appear to be as Italian as the food. The ambiance is great, with funky decor and a patio. As some have mentioned, the Borgo experience doesn't come cheap, but in my view the quality of he food fully justifies the price.

1  Thank selmer
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

I went here for lunch with a friend and we luckily were able to enjoy the patio on a nice warm September day.

I came here with very high expectations because Capo was my favorite restaurant and I was curious to see if the Chef Guiseppe had brought his magic to Borgo. I was not disappointed.

We shared 4 dishes between us: Trifolati (sautéed mushrooms), Arancini (crispy risotto balls), Eggplant Frittata (Eggplant fries) and Tomato salad.

Everything was cooked/prepared perfectly - the salad fresh and perfectly dressed, the eggplant fries and risotto balls crispy and the mushrooms were to die for. I it was socially acceptable, I would have liked he mushroom plate clean.

Borgo lived up to my expectations and I can't wait to go back there to try the dinner menu!

2  Thank nsyvenky
Reviewed July 25, 2012

First visit - and everything we tasted was really delicious - tried five starters, bread, gnocci and a dessert. But $6 for the privilege of drinking still water (tap would have been fine but doesn't seem to be on offer), $8 for 2 shrimp, $5 for two tiny pieces of crostini and $10 for a really really tiny dessert seems wrong for a place that seems to be branding itself as the new, affordable replacement for Capo. We felt rushed by the server - not sure why as the place was not full and we kept ordering - also contrary to the 'vibe' that Borgo is seemingly trying for - casual trattoria. That said, all the tastes were really yummy, especially the gnocci - we'll return and give the service one more try (only), but I think we'll just do a couple of pastas for better value for money.

3  Thank CalgaryGirlandBoy
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Borgo Trattoria has been a pleasant surprise. As Italian of course my requirements for the quality of food is quite high so I have to say that the "tagliata" I hate was really excellent. The "Tiramisu" at the end instead wasn't the best ever, on the contrary it was not that good but we can accept it.
Atmosphere is nice and service is excellent.
Make sure to book in advance (between 5pm-6:30pm) during the weekend because it tends to be packed.

Only negative aspect is the music that was dance style. A more romantic Italian music would have fit better.

1  Thank giampi2602