“Fun sushi bar” 4 of 5 bubbles

Kinjo Sushi & Grill - Dalhousie
Ranked #377 of 3,490 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Coquitlam, Canada
“Fun sushi bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

Visiting this restaurant is an all around fun experience. The servers are lively and each time I have visited at least one guest has been serenaded with a loud song of celebration usually birthday that gets most of the other patrons briefly involved. The food is very good. This is a restaurant that I visit every time I come to Calgary - it is convenient to where I stay and the food is always fresh. Nothing exotic but very good sushi. Comfortable tables, nicely decorated. You leave with a box of pocky - chocolate or strawberry.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank JaniceH357

• Chinese (Traditional) first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome eatery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Wonderful food and always smiling courteous service
I've never had a poor dinner at kinjo
Yukiko and the crew make it worth eating at

• Visited January 2014
Calgary, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Way over rated!!! over 70% recommends?? You gotta be kidding me!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

I was about to write a review of this restaurant and I was surprised with ratings from the most of the people who gave pretty good ratings.

After 3 visits since 2 years ago to Kinjo in Dalhousie, I had same experience and same thoughts of this restaurant.

This is very busy restaurant all the time, so busy that they don't take reservations. If you go, you have to take a number and may have to wait for over 30 mins or so especially during the weekends.

This sushi restaurant is big and can get very noisy.
During the birthday or special events, staff gathers around and celebrates by singing birthday songs and when they sing they shouts and sing very loudly with drum banging. One Sat. evening, there were 5 events within an hour around near our table and we were about to going nuts. I felt like I was inside of a very noisy night club having a dinner or something.

The food?? Well....
The colourful pictures of food with prices shown from the menu seemed good at first. However they all come in like Appetizer Teasers. The sushi rolls on coloured plates were teeny-weeny small and were cut in half from full size. The teriyaki chicken sure seemed like sprinkled from just sweet soy sauce instead of teriyaki sauce.

Am I going back to Kinjo? You got that right! Unless someone insists and pays again for the food.

Cheers!

1 Thank Chuck c
Calgary
“Wonderful evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

We made a last minute first time sortie to Kinjo Sushi even though it has been close to our community for several years and we are great lovers of sushi, on one of the busiest nights of the year (23rd December 2013) after we realized our favourite Thai restaurant was closed for the night. First observation of the lineup left me ready to leave again immediately but one of the other patrons suggested I stay in line (whilst waiting for the rest of my family to arrive) as Kinjo manages to move people through amazingly quickly. It's not that they put any pressure on their guests - it is a really large dining place though still simple and relaxed. They just move in on a table that has been vacated and set it up in record time thus enabling new guests to be seated. We were seated on an incredibly busy night after fifteen minutes. The staff are flawless and give 100% of their attention. The menu is wide and varied and after pondering over for it for ages we finally came upon a wide variety of sushi and sashimi with a good variety of vegetarian for our son and daughter and loads of seafood and alternatives for my husband and myself. It was truly a treat and we had way more than we should have eaten for a wonderful price. I cannot give Kinjos enough kudos - it is friendly, efficient with great food and great sushi at amazing prices. Will be back!!

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Hidden_treasures4
“Poor food quality, sea food are not fresh at all.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

After we had dinner in Dalhousie Kinjo, we experienced a very bad diarrhea. We ordered salmon and oysters, food quality are poor (not sure if the chef is fully liscensed or temporarily trained).