“Great Pub in an up and coming neighborhood!”

St. James Corner Restaurant and Irish Pub
Ranked #287 of 3,711 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: American, Irish, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Beltline
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I've visited here a few times over the last few years and have always liked this place. The food is typical pub grub, but is always good. There is a great selection of beer and they always seem to be adding new choices to the list. The beer, compared to many other options on 17th Ave and the Downtown Core is quite affordable. What makes this place great is the service. I will definitely be back...soon!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Great vibe in a great location, this pub serves a fun evening in a traditional feeling envion, but food is quite a surprise with an outstanding Sante Fe Chicken Salad and excellent Cabo Tacos - loads better than usual pub fare with ample portions and quick friendly service

1  Thank RushRelax
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I had the chicken fingers and fries and they were great (homemade fries) and my husband had the buffalo chicken wrap and he loved that too! Service was friendly and quick, and the atmosphere was great.

1  Thank muskokameli
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This pub is just a block away from the Hotel Arts and it is very down to earth. When we got there at about 8:30 on a Tuesday night it was very rowdy, with lots of drinking going on -- everyone seemed very happy! We went to the upstairs room, where it was a little quieter, and ordered our dinners which came quickly and were delicious! The beers were good, with a large number on draft. We spent a couple of hours eating and talking. By the time we left it had quieted down considerably. I took a better look around and found it to be quite welcoming.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

Misleading – newspaper ads and managers I spoke to over the phone gave the impression that pre-purchased tickets for their St. Patrick’s day event included breakfast when they do not. Tiny television monitors that are way up against the (second storey) ceiling -- awful venue to watching sporting events, especially ones that charge $15/ticket in advance for so that you can sit on a stool and strain your neck. I work nearby at TransAlta and this dump is not worth the 2 block walk – there are plenty of established pubs nearby that are far more worthy of patronage from my family, friends and colleagues.

3  Thank Lex P