“Wingate Calgary”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Steinbach
“Wingate Calgary”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Nice clean property, friendly service, very good breakfast included.
Had a problem with our room keys not working when we returned later in the evening after our initial checkin. Ended up the batteries on the lock went dead. It was fixed as quickly as it could be but it did take almost an hour from start to finish. It would have been nice to have a small compensation for that especially given we didn't realize when we got our room quote that there was a higher room price for a week day versus a weekend. Had we realized that when the booking was done we may have amended our # of nights.
Noisy neighbours woke us up at 2:30 am but after a short while they were quietened down by I assume the front desk. Thank you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Robin A, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Calgary South, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you Globetrotter034 for your comments. We have been able to use these comments for more training on our new lock system to ensure faster repair times in the future. My apologies that you were inconvenienced during your stay. Our team strives to make each guest stay as trouble free as possible and I welcome you to stay with us again for just that experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I travel to Calgary almost monthly and through the years I have stayed at many many different hotels there and none compare to the quality of service, cleanliness, and size of the rooms at the Wingate! I have made this my hotel of choice and couldn't see going to another. When I walk into the hotel I'm greeted with a huge smile, usually from Gay-the gem of the front desk. She has me checked in within a couple of minutes- smooth and efficient! I honestly have no complaints about the hotel. I have never had to phone about any issues when I get in the room. The beds and especially the pillows are very comfy. The breakfast is normal free breakfast (waffles/eggs/bacon or sausage plus normal continental items) and the staff taking care of that area is always making sure everything is full and clean. I believe the staff truly care about the comfort of their guests. I can not make any comment to the pool area because I haven't made it there...yet! It is close to all types of shopping in that area and if you like the big mall shopping it is a short 15 minute drive to the Chinook mall. I recommend the Wingate to everyone.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Robin A, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Calgary South, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you Fire H for your kind words. We believe that the comfort and care of our guests should be paramount and it is great to see that we are hitting that mark. Travelling away from home for work can be stressful so it is our goal to make sure every stay is as comfortable as possible. I hope to see you again on your next trip to our city.
Swift Current
Reviewed October 4, 2013

this is the cleanest and most well organized facility we have stayed in for years, the people and the operation of the facility understand and achieve the empathy of a traveller and their family. the rooms are neat and efficient and quiet, the breakfast is exceptional and well looked after and kept full when the time is busy...We would like to thank Ronaldo for his interest and concern with all our needs and ensuring all is looked after, also he remembers your name and addresses you that way, Ronaldo also has a supportive team, thanks once again for an enjoyable stay and we will be back many times..easy to get to anywhere in Calgary, although Airport is a Distance...we are also Wyndham owners and appreciate the facility and staff..

Room Tip: we have been here a few times and have not been dissapointed with any rooms
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank brdunbar
Thank you brdunbar for your feedback. It is comments such as yours that truly help us to confirm the dedication from our team. We are lucky to have such as great and supportive team under the leadership of Ronaldo and I will pass along your comments to all. I look forward to being of service to you on your next trip to our area.
Canada
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel 2 times this summer, 1 night at the beginning of Aug and an extended stay in late Aug-early Sept. We were very happy with both stays, however, on both occasions at time of check in our reservation did not show the correct room type and rate that we had booked. On the first stay, I booked online on their website a room with 2 queen beds, at check-in the agent stated that I had booked a room with 1 King Bed for 2 adults and 2 kids! Luckily, there was availability and she moved us into a 2 queen room. In this case the rate was lower than the price I booked online? Our 2nd stay was to be an extended one so I wanted to book a larger suite, because my last online reservation turned out incorrect I decided to phone the hotel directly to reserve this time, the agent and I decided that the Family Suite with 2 Kings and living area with sofabed would be best and I booked this over the phone. At time of check in my reservation showed that I had booked 2 Jr Suites and the price I had agreed upon for the Family Suite was showing, but times two for the two rooms. This took quite a lot of discussion to resolve, but eventually the front desk agent provided the original room and price that I had been given over the phone. This would not prevent me from staying in the future, however, I highly suggest phoning and confirming your reservation several days prior to arrival as the reservation system here seems to have some issues.

The Family Suite was well worth the upgrade fee, it is absolutely huge at least the size of 2 regular hotel rooms. This was much appreciated for an extended stay with our family. The King Beds were incredibly comfortable and there were 3 separate temp controls throughout the suite to keep everyone happy! There was a small wet bar area with a sink, microwave and mini fridge. This hotel is also pet friendly which I found very appealing since we were in the middle of moving and had our small dog with us.

Breakfast was good with some hot options. The Lady who takes care of the breakfast area is so friendly and welcoming every morning. She seems to genuinely love her job and this really shows!

Pool area is quite large with lots of sitting room, kids enjoyed the pool and waterslide and I the hot tub.

Location offers easy access to McLeod Trail and South Calgary.

Very happy with both stays despite the glitches at check-in. Fortunately, hotel was not fully booked and they were resolved to our satisfaction,.

Room Tip: Call and confirm your reservation, room type & rate before arrival.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you momtravelswith3 for taking the time to provide us with feedback on both of your recent stays at our hotel. I have investigated your reservation concerns and have been able to address your concerns accordingly. It is important to us that we use proper training and corrective training to ensure ease of stay from the reservation through the check out. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay once you were checked in and look forward to being of service to you for future travel to our area.