“Great stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Calgary, Canada
“Great stay”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I recently stayed here and the staff went above & beyond my expectations. I have never stayed at a property where so many of the staff were so helpful. The bar staff helped me make a gift for a friend. The rooms were clean & decent with comfortable bedding. I would recommend this property to everyone!

Room Tip: Higher floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bill S
Robin A, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Calgary South, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thanks Bill for your amazingly kind words. I am very happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations during your recent stay with us. We hope to see you again your next time in Calgary!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Redcliff, Canada
Reviewed January 12, 2013

My first stay at the Wingate and will not be my last I will keep coming back because of the people and the location. I was welcomed and treated very well by everyone I came in contact with and appreciate that they take such care to make my stay as comfortable as possible. I like the extra touch of the gift bag, upon entering, containing bottled water, M&M, chips and a welcome note. The continental breakfast was excellent. The person who was in charge of keeping everything hot, fresh and tidy was outstanding. Staying at this location enables me to find good restaurants easily - even on snowy winter evenings - and its location makes it easy to access other parts of Calgary easily. The bed was so comfortable I didn’t want to go back to your own bed. I will continue to stay here for all my trips in 2013 PS LRT right across the street which is great for getting to were I want to go and not have to drive.

Room Tip: we had 2 rooms and they were both GREAT so I guess all the rooms are great
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ken H
Robin A, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Calgary South, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you Ken for such a generous review. I am very pleased we were able to create such a great experience for your and your guests!

Thank you for being a member of the Wyndham Rewards program, I hope you keep up in mind on your next trip to Calgary.
Swift Current
Reviewed January 9, 2013

this place was in excellent shape and cleanliness, people were accommodating and breakfast was just right, easy to get to any where in Calgary...pool and slide area were very clean..we are Wyndham owners and are continually impressed with their properties, we will be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank brdunbar
Thanks so much brdunbar for your friendly words. It is always a pleasure to have guests who are part of the Wyndham Vacation Club stay with us and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Calgary!
Bassano
Reviewed January 5, 2013

From the moment you enter the lobby you are made to feel at home. We have stayed here 3 times so far and recommend it to all. I like the extra touch of the gift bag, upon entering,containing bottled water, M&M's, bag of chips and a welcome note. This past stay we made the request to have our coffee switched out for hot chocolate; when we got to the hotel room the request had already been fulfilled at no extra cost. Speaking of room, we stayed in a King Jacuzzi suit. The living room was very spacious with microwave, fridge, counter, cupboards and sink in one corner, then a table for four, a large office desk, queen hide-a-bed, lounge chair coffee table and flat screen tv. All this and plenty of room to walk around. Behind frosted glass doors is an amazingly comfy king sized bed in a spacious separate bedroom. Off to the side was the gigantic bath/shower/jacuzzi room. I loved the walk-in shower with room for two and a seat to relax on. The jacuzzi was DEEP and had plenty of room for two to enjoy themselves. The controls and the jets a bit weak but if you want a great deep soak, I recommend get in and turn it on! Breakfast was varied, fresh and scrumptious. The choice of Granny Smith and Red Delicious apples was not the best, as they are dry but the rest of the choices of fruit were good. Checkout was speedy, and thanks to using our Wyndham points, also free! You gotta stay here! I'll be back!

Room Tip: I've stayed on 1st floor and both ends of 4th floor. I like the fourth more for quietness, but I...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robert F
Robin A, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Calgary South, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you very much Robert for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very pleased you had such a great experience with us and thank you for being a member of the Wyndham Rewards program.

A note has been added to your profile to ensure we have hot chocolate in your room when you arrive.

We hope to see you again soon!
San Ramon, California
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Negatives: I heard every footstep from the occupants in the room above, not to mention every toot they made when using the toilet. Found long 6 to 8 inch hairs in my pillow case. I have a crew cut…made me wonder about the rest of the bed. Did housekeeping think the bed linens looked “clean enough” after the last occupant? Breakfast was tasteless (Boiled ham? Really?). To be fair, the McDonald’s down the street was worse. Attention manager: delete the dreadful ham/sausage and instead invest in FRESH danish, muffins, cereal, etc. Less water in the coffee would be better, and please refill the OJ dispenser more than once a week. Room fridge was no match for the room heater. It’s safer to keep your food on the outside window ledge!
Positives: The room otherwise seemed clean and comfortable. After about 9:00 PM when people settled, the noise level dropped significantly. Security quickly quieted the wild kids running in the echoing hallway. The room otherwise seemed clean. Parking is good. Staff was friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor! Otherwise, ear plurs are suggested.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank 808Kauai_Steve
Robin A, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Calgary South, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for your review 808Kauai_Steve. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not up to our regular standards.

Thank you for providing us with feedback to help us improve our offerings. I have passed on your comments to our executive housekeeper as well as our breakfast bar manager and a note has been added to your profile to always be on the fourth floor to aleviate any noise sensitivities.

Have a very safe and merry Christmas season.