“Just what you want from a hotel”

Days Inn - Calgary Airport
Ranked #37 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
St. George, Utah
“Just what you want from a hotel”
Reviewed July 12, 2010

My wife and I are physicians who travel frequently with our 3 children internationally. We want clean comfortable rooms with extra space and breakfast in the morning that is substantial enough to feed the kids and ourselves......all at a good value price. Normally I don't stay at Days-Inn but this Days Inn had that and more....in spades. The two bed suite had an extra pull out bed so dad could get his own bed and not an extra room. Lot's of extra space for our bags. There was two TV's so mom and dad could watch our own shows and movies. The best was the HUGE slide/pool. We had a blast.
Not bad for a low cost airport hotel!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Kenneth P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Regina
Reviewed April 23, 2010

I travelled to Calgary in November to spend my god daughters birthday with her, with my mother husband and sister.
The first experience was the reservation, on the phone they made it so painless, I asked them what they had, told them what I needed, and they offered everything to me, they asked why I was coming I told them, and they told me about Sunridge, different places that were near by! I forgot my credit card when I called, not sure if I was wanting to book, I deffintly wanted to after my conversation! They held the rooms for me so I could call them back with my credit card.
When we got there we were greeted nice and friendly with smiles! Told me where everythin in the hotel was and times they were available.They called to see how the rooms were. Everytime we went by the front desk we were greeted, asked how our stay was. They even remembered my god daughters birthday and wished her a Happy one when she came to visit! We went to the desk often, needing directions or reccomendations, and of course for the great cookies!
The room was super comfterable, we even got the room with a jet tub, I didnt know how to make it work, and the gentleman, (Mark) at the front desk explained it, and said if we couldnt get it he would come down, it may just take a couple minutes. In room Wireless internet was pretty fast with no issues. Did notice that there was a computer in the lobby for a cost. They not only have vending machines but a little like store with just about everything you would need.
The breakfast was always full, and deffinitly appealing. The pool was very well kept.
All the employees from maintence, housekeeping to the front desk were super friendly, and obviously showed that they liked there jobs!
It is in a convinient location, even with a Tim Hortons 30 second walk away!!
Would deffinitly reccomend to anyone needing to stay in Calgary for any reason!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Canadianarmybrat
B.C.
Reviewed September 7, 2009

Just about all hotels in the area require access to a car as nothing is close by. This hotel and the hotel next door (Staybridge) have one of the better locations as Timmie and McD are very close by. Sunridge mall is a good 25 min walk away. Another strip mall is about 15 min walk away. Continental breakfast was good. Room was clean. Service at front desk could be better. I would rate it 3 to 3.5 stars overall. 1 computer near front desk but I think there is a charge to use it.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank SpeedyG-7
Teaneck, New Jersey
Reviewed September 2, 2009

When I booked I asked if there was a shuttle and being assured there was one I booked. I was not told that there was a charge. Other hotels in the area do not charge.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rockpond
Saskatoon
Reviewed August 20, 2009

I had done alot of researching the hotels in Calgary and the airport location appealed to us the most. We had the King Suite room and wow was that an awesome room to have especially with our 2.5 year old son. This was our first vacation as a family and we had a fabulous time and stayed at a fabulous hotel as well even though it rained the whole week we were there. My only complaint would be that the pool was a little chilly but kids don't care and the timmies right next door made up for that anyhow!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank beckie6789
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed June 21, 2009

Great clean hotel with spacious rooms and a great pool. It is not as close to the airport as most of the other airport hotels in Calgary but really not that far anyway. It is a great location right on Barlow trail. The $10 fee (each way) for the shuttle to the airport kind of irked me but that was the only thing about the whole place we had an issue with so all in all a very good place to stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank traveljunky81
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed May 4, 2009

This is a great hotel. I know that they have recently updated their rooms and they are just wonderful. Very comfortable and clean. Most of all, the staff are very helpful and friendly. This is not common with airport locations, but I would stay here again! Great place to be!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business