“Extended Stay Suite was fabulous!”

Days Inn - Calgary Airport
Ranked #45 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I was checked in for only one night on a Tuesday evening this week (too bad!) for business and I always insist my company booked this hotel for me. It did not disappoint as I got my friendly, great service and very well maintained room. Always consistently the same result with each visit. Whatever training program the hotel got the staff on, its working and my loyalty continues to bring me back here again.

I checked in to Room 407 and was so surprised I was given an extended stay suite. Wow. Immediately after entering the door, a double sized sofa bed in the living room, two dining room chairs with the square dining room table greeted me. Nice ambient lighting that reflects off the ceiling, leading me to the kitchenette. There, it was equipped with a small sink, microwave, coffee/tea maker with tea/coffee/condiments, fridge, complimentary bottle of Nestle water, granola snack, and service for 4 people (bowls, cutlery, tea towels, paper towel, plates, cutting board, knives), 2 wine glasses, mugs, drinking glasses and 4 disposable cups too.
There is a small dresser under the 37” flat panel TV in the living room as well. There is plenty of room to walk around, with a small closet and ironing board/iron as well. The bathroom sink and vanity is outside the bathroom which is a bonus and convenience factor for families where no one will fight over its use. There is also a long mirror on the wall opposite the sink. Bathroom has a bathtub with curved shower rod, and lots of towels to serve 4 people. There is a door separating the bedroom from the common area which is another plus for privacy. Here, I got two comfortable queen sized beds with great bedding included. Another closet with hangers as well in the room with a foldable luggage rack for convenience. A 42” LCD TV on the wall as well with a large dresser to store your clothes. And in between the two beds is a side dresser for more storage. The clock radio has a CD player as well. Good responsive air conditioning/heater/fan unit in the room and a window that can be opened too.

I would definitely recommend families or a group of adults who want more room to stretch out to book an extended stay suite cause its that much better for your needs. It was extensive for a single traveler like myself but I was glad to be upgraded complimentary so I can experienced it. It felt like a VIP.

I will be back next business trip soon.

Room Tip: Book extended stay suite if you travel with 4 people and need more room to stretch out.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank welldunn662016
Helena13404, Manager at Days Inn - Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to complete another great review for the Days Inn Calgary Airport. It is always wonderful to see some of our loyal guests, such as yourself, continue to return to our hotel. We take great pride in providing our guest with outstanding service and we’re proud to be your “favorite hotel in Calgary”. I would also like to thank you for the comments regarding our great service and for you overall feedback. Thanks for allowing us to serve you and we trust that we will be the hotel of choice on your next trip to Calgary. We look forward to you staying with us again.

A TripAdvisor Member
REDCLIFF
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We booked in for a burthday celebration weekend for our son. The first night the waterslide was closed, so we went out instead. The next night he had a friend sleep over, pool was fine, but there was no ability to order in movies...first hotel I've stayed in where this was not iffered. Went for snacks from the machines and was informed by front desk staff that change was not given out...seriously! Why have the machines then...so no movie, no snacks...fun birthday...Next time we will definately look at other hotelsfor this annual weekend.
Back side of Bath tub was dirty, It looked like The only cleaned where they could reach. I left a note for housekeeping and it wasnt much better the next day.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback regarding your stay with us. I am sorry for the waterslide issue during your stay and I apologize for the inconvenience. Our pool and waterslide were closed for maintenance as we want to provide our guests with a safe environment in the pool area. We have a Vending Machine for drinks only on site but we have a 24-hour convenience mart located in the hotel lobby that have a variety of snack options available to guests. I do apologize for the bathtub issue that you experienced and have addressed the issue with our housekeeping team. We will certainly use your comments as an opportunity to improve our service delivery. We hope to see you again and thank you for choosing the Days Inn Calgary Airport!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Desk staff were quick and convenient.
Room was nice, clean, comfortable.
We were surprised to find that the hotel did not have a restaraunt/room service. We had assumed that there would be a restaraunt or lounge of some kind. Take out from McDonalds/Tim Horton was not how we'd imagined our staycation dinner.
The bed was very hard, and the pillows were fluff, no head/neck support at all.
Bath/Shower was very nice, good water pressure.
Air conditioning was quite loud. With neither the heater nor the AC on the room was very very warm, but the AC was so loud as to be an annoyance when trying to sleep.
Swimming pool was nice as was the hot tub.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Adrian D

Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to thank you for the comments regarding our quick and convenient front desk staff and nice, clean, comfortable room. I do apologize for the noise issue from the AC unit that you experienced and have addressed the issue with our team. We don't have a restaurant on site. Wake up and help yourself to our free continental breakfast served daily from 6am-10am. There are also a variety of restaurants and bars all within walking distance. Please feel free to contact me with any additional comments. Again, I would like to thank you for your feedback and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lorraine W
Helena13404, General Manager at Days Inn - Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Reviewed October 19, 2012

1  Thank Joan D
Helena13404, Manager at Days Inn - Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Reviewed October 19, 2012

1  Thank roxyroller_10

A Wyndham traveler
LETHBRIDGE
Reviewed October 15, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank A Wyndham traveler
Helena13404, Manager at Days Inn - Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012