“Best breakfasts EVER!!!”
Review of OEB Breakfast Co.

OEB Breakfast Co.
Ranked #6 of 3,770 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Wowy this place rocks!! I love the cool and funky decor but I am even more in love with "soul in a bowl". You have got to eat this! I have even had it on a bed of fresh baby spinach when I did not want to have the potatoes and it was truly awesome! OEB also offers great coffee with I don't come across often in breakfast restaurants in Canada. The menu is humungous and there is something for everyone! I am a breakfast person and I give OEB my vote for best breakfast in Calgary - hands down!!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Heard about this restaurant from friends so decided one day to go there - there was 3 of us and were there at 12 noon on a Friday so you can imagine it was busy. We had to wait for 30 minutes and thank goodness it was a warm day. They do not take reservations. There is paid parking on the side but it was full so be prepared to find park far and elsewhere. This place is located right on Edmonton Trail.

Quaint, small place with unique decorations, warm and welcoming. Our server provided excellent service, friendly and helpful. Don't ask me the names of our dishes so attached photos in my review. So many choices in the menu that cater to people with allergies, gluten free, dairy, etc. Have to come back and try the others. Food was fresh, healthy and well prepared. Check this place out but be prepared to wait....it's worth it.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Great menu selections for breakfast, too many to list and it would take several visits to try them all, but what is the bonus to the restaurant besides the service and the food, is the variety or options when you have certain food sensitivities or dietary restrictions. Gluten free, free range, organic, and the non traditional choice of cooking hash browns in duck fat. Their menu presents you with a variety that might satisfy you but doesn't necessarily mean great taste. Food was good but not great. Restaurant is crowded and cold on a winters day, but it's well worth stopping in (early) to try the food.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

OEB has been my favourite breakfast place for a long time now! The food is always fresh and very favourful. The consistency of the food has never faultered. My favourites are the Gold Digga Box, Healthy Primavera and Soul in a Bowl Box. I think these are absolute "must-try" if you are into breafast food. They also have these amazing potatoes that are fried in duck fat and seasoned to perfection.

I also receive great service whenever I go. While waiting, they offer coffee and banana bread.

BUT be prepared to wait! the longest I've waited is 90 mins (I know this is crazy, but I really wanted it). There are always lines Saturday and Sundays. But on the week days, they do take out! So I usually go get one of the boxes to go, it's usually the highlight of my day.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Always like to find good breakfast places. This place open at 7am so don't come any earlier or you will have to wait outside.

The place is very bright and the servers are all very friendly and seem very happy to be there.

Im a basic eggs, bacon, hash brown, toast kind of guy. So that's what I ordered. the eggs were great, they have the dark yoke and a big yoke at that. My meal came with pea meal bacon which was very tasty. The hash browns are not real hash browns but are really potato wedges much like Mccains would supply. They were very hot and that's the way they need to be or they are just soggy. The eggs were prepared properly. My only issue is that you only get one piece of toast where most places provide 2 pieces. I guess if that's the only complaint then the place must be pretty good. Next time back I want to try the eggs benny which come in many different varieties. Only parking is a pay lot next door as this place is right on Edmonton Trail