“Nice boutique market, Fratello's coffee is a must!”

Calgary Farmers' Market
Ranked #34 of 307 things to do in Calgary
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Calgary Farmers' Market is the largest market of its kind in Calgary and one of the city's favourite year-round gathering places. The Market was built on a foundation which supports local farmers and enables them to sell their product at the height of each natural harvest.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Stroller parking, Wheelchair access
Reviewed May 25, 2013

As other reviewers have pointed out, this market features more little boutique stalls than actual local, fresh produce that you'd expect at a true "farmers" market. That aside, there ARE several good produce stalls and many places selling harder to find food items. The other stalls are great to browse through - jams, soaps, teas galore. And the food court features a great range of tasty food, including Greek, wings, gourmet donuts and a tasty Vietnamese sub place. As long as you're not arriving expecting a more typical farmers market, it's definitely a great place to wander for a few hours every few months.

Fratello's coffee is definitely the best I've found in Calgary. Their espresso alone is worth the 30min drive to this market!

1  Thank alleelea

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I go there every single weekend and still seem to find new things to buy! The fruits and veggies at Cherry Pit are beautiful -- and don't forget to use their free Vegetable Butcher service! The food at Two Greek Gals is divine. I droll over their souvlaki. Choklat as mouth-watering truffles. I could go on and on. . .

3  Thank girlfoodie
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Lots of vendors, lots of nick nack type of things to buy as well as lots of fantastic food items as well as things to eat and drink. I never get tired of going there, since every time I go there is something new to see.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I love the Calgary Farmers' Market and I could definitely spend a good half day just browsing around the place. There's something for everyone there. My 7 year old son enjoys the toy hobby kiosks and I'm a big fan of all the fresh produce. The last time I was there I got a steel on a fresh bouquet of exotic flowers which made my day! If you are into antiques, you are definitely going to want to hit this place up. Or, if you just need a quick lunch and happen to be in the area, you will find some good eats in the cafeteria. :)

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I love the farmers market, the fresh food and all the great little shops are a fun way to spend some time on a Sunday morning. The food court has some great options. Only thing I can complain about is that sometimes the crowds can be a bit much.