“Great service & consistent quality”

Ginger Beef Peking House
Ranked #1,116 of 3,770 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

We visited as part of a family reunion and with close to 35 of us they handled it well. The location is small but the staf gave 110%. The food was served very fresh, and hot. Not to be missed are the beef and long beans, signature ginger beef, special chop suey and a multitude of delicious chicken dishes.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Recommend the handmade potstickers and tender calamari. Everything came out hot and tasty.
Very small place so it gets very busy. Recommend reservations so you don't have to wait.

1  Thank MustTravel88
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were ardent patrons of this restaurant for years, when they were located in Willow Park village (see above address). New address 9629-Macleod Trail SW. www.gingerbeef.com
Their restaurant was big & spacious with buffet, good service, their food excellent, lots of parking outside. However, even there they've had a problem of handling their ample Sit-down clients & Take-out customers at the same entrance. The lease ran out, their rent hiked, they decided to move but, they chose very unwisely. Instead of solving some of the past problems, they added to them & no doubt they will loose clientel because of it.
They chose a place only half as big as before on a major devided artery. The entry into their new small parking lot is restricted by the single direction traffic flow & makes it hard to get in & out. Another mistake, they dicontinued their buffet due to the smaller size of the restaurant area but, they kept the Sit-down & Take-out service at the same entrance and it makes the place doubly
tumulteus, confusing and unnerving. The waiting time is hardly ever less than 30 minutes during the day or evening & even worse during the feedeng frenzy hours. And believe me nobody will volunteer to stand in line for that long outside, when the temperatures will fall below zero, even though the food is delicious. Next time, I'll have mine delivered, thank you.

2  Thank Jim L
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We went to the new location Ginger Beef Bistro on MacLeod Trail by Schanks with a group of 6. Was told that it was a 20 - 30 minute wait for a table. The new location is tiny compared to their previous location and only 6 tables can handle parties of 6 or more. After giving my name and being added to the list we waited. New names were added including phone in reservations. The hostess continued to stick to the 20 minute wait times for everyone that came in after me. 30 minutes later my party was told we were next. While waiting the phone in reservations that were made after I had already been there for 20 minutes were seated before me. The hostess then told me that she had put a reserved sign on a 2 person table and when the 4 person table beside it finished it would be mine. 20 minutes later, we were still waiting when a couple came in who were clearly friends of the hostess and my reserved table was now theirs. I asked for a manager and when he came he listened, touched my arm and said the next big table would be mine. As he was speaking the table of four that was supposed to be made into 6 left and the now promised table of 6 was still waiting for their cheque. I asked the hostess why was I mislead on the wait time and why I was told about the reserved table that she gave to her friends who had just walked in. Her story now changed. Now she claimed that she didn't promise anything and that she was to busy doing her job to talk to customers. We waited 10 minutes more, noticed more glances by the wait staff and several members in my party were concerned about what would happen to our food as it was prepared since I had complained. We decided that an hour and a half wait with no guarantee that another group of their friends or relatives wouldn't bump us so we left to find another restaurant. Word of advice, don't go without making reservations!

2  Thank TheHappyTraveller16
Reviewed June 17, 2012

You will notice the friendliness of the caring staff as soon as you enter this delightful restaurant. Various table configurations allow you to have various sizes of guest parties. A particular favourite of ours is the round table, so that we can talk and see everyone when dining. The food is delightful - cooked to perfection. Service sizes are incredible. Service is outstandingly quick and the price is reasonable. We will be following Ginger Beef to their new location...

2  Thank DorashCalgary