“Good eats!”

Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 1st St. SW
Transit: C-Train 3rd St West Station
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We've now stumbled upon this place twice. Absolutely love the food, and the variety. I had the Salmagundi salad last time, luckily they warned me it was a bit spicy! My boyfriend had the lamb meatloaf, he said it was great.

Friendly service, and we got our food quickly.

My only negative comment is how loud the music is. I do realize it's a bar-like place, but people come there to eat, and talk, it's hard to do that when you can barely hear yourself think over the volume of the music.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

The GF-Pizza Crust is the best in the city without a doubt! If you need to eat a GF-diet the crust is not thin and crunchy at this at Libertine. Tasty pints on tap with a great patio! Service is also very good!

1  Thank GibberinCGY
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The service was good, but when it came to the food it was overpriced and definitely below average. My sandwich had no flavor and the fries were cold and soggy. Stephen's street has other restaurant's priced the same for food that will exceed your expectations.

1  Thank Octoberfresh
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is a fairly popular place on Stephen Ave in Calgary. The ambience and service were good, nothing off the charts but what was the beset part was the BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza. One of, if not the best I have ever had. If you are on Stephen and looking for a cold beer and some good food. This is your place!

1  Thank Jordan A
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was at an engagement party there saturday night. I believe my servers name was Genivive...(?) She was great, super sweet. I ordered a bottle of white, and they kept it behind the bar for me to keep it cold. She would bring it around for me when I was getting low which was really nice (probably over and above). The space was great for a group function and they had a space for appetizers and a little pre-paid open bar scenario. It was very civilized. Downstairs seemed to be busy its not generally "my kind of place" but I really liked the experience.

1  Thank zostarks