“Great Food Great Service!!”
Review of The Himalayan

The Himalayan
Ranked #3 of 3,664 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Nepali
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Himalayan Restaurant serves Nepali cuisine, which has influences from India and China.
Reviewed February 17, 2014

The food tasted great in general. I ordered a mild vegetarian chatpat, it was a bit too spicy for me. Be careful not to order too spicy if you are not used to hot food. The service was amazing!! I'm a vegan, I appreciate it when restaurants accommodate to my lifestyle. My server knew the menu well and was very thoughtful with my dietary restriction. He knew exactly which items on the menu that were vegan/non-vegan, and patiently informed me on every non-vegan food that came out (I dined with non-vegans). Since the na'an breads were not vegan, he was nice enough to offer more rice if I wanted more food. Love the Himalayan! Thanks for a wonderful experience.

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Was taken there on a surprise date!!
We didn't have reservations, so we got lucky and they squeezed us in between sittings.
RESERVATIONS ARE A MUST!!
What a great experience!!!
We ordered both the chicken and veg momo's for appies...nummy goodness!!
For entree's we had the butter chicken with coconut rice and the Chow Chow stirfry.(Medium Heat)
Topped it off with Garlic Naan type bread. All great flavours, amazing staff all squeezed into a small package.
Will definitely be back and will definitely make reservations next time.

Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Not much to say except we keep coming back because the food is great and the service outstanding! Make reservations because it's tiny and it fills up quickly; the place was absolutely packed during the 12-2p Sunday lunch time window.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Although just a tiny hole in the wall with about 10 tables, this restaurant produces some of the best SE Asian food we have tried. The staff really enjoy their jobs and the whole experience was very pleasant. Everything on the menu looked great so we started with the veggie dumplings and grilled cottage cheese. Split between 4 of us, they were excellent. Then two of us tried the Himalayan Grill (one chicken and one lamb), while another tried the Himalayan lamb (in almost a butter chicken sauce), and the fourth went after the tofu on the back page. All were well done with wonderful spices and aromas. We will be back to try other menu items but reservations are a must as the place seems to be very very popular!

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We went to the Himalayan because we wanted to try something different, and also the good reviews on Trip Advisor and Urbanspoon peaked our interest. We have been here twice now and both experiences were fantastic. The place is small but quaint and cosy, from the outside it doesn't look like much but inside the atmosphere is really nice. Service is fantastic, the owner typically will always come to your table at some point. The food is unreal, it comes out hot and fresh every time, and the flavours are incredible. Really a unique taste and there is something for everyone. So far we have only been for dinner, but next time would be interested in trying the lunch buffet, as based on the quality of the food the price they advertise for the buffet would be good value for your money.

Highly recommend this place, and we can't wait to return once again. I would recommend making reservations, as the place is quite small.